FJ40 Rear Seat Replacement... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to replace the rear seats in a FJ40 with a bench seat that sits across (from wheel well to wheel well). Why? I need something I can put a car seat in for my young lad. Anyone know where to get one or what other seat might fit that I might salvage? Thanks for the help.

This might sound crazy but here's what I did. It won't work for adults because it is so tall but that is why my kids loved it. Sitting that high they could see. An astro-van seat. It snaps into easily fabbed brackets on the floor. It is only in my rig when I need it. When not in use it makes a nice couch in the shop.

Did you leave the jump seats in and fold them up when the bench was in? Or were they a necessary casualty?

They were already gone and I doubt they would fit. The astro bench filled it up pretty much from left to right. I hadn't thought of it before but I'd bet that a smaller CHEEP (or is it HEEP) style rear seat could be bracketed so it was interchangable in the event you wanted to carry adults. I never needed one because my friends have seen me drive.

I hear a rear seat from a samurai fits well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom