Builds Fj40 re-rebuild! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have heard fun times to be had at 21 road, but not a good place.to go solo.

I’ve been fighting a little death wobble since I got it back on the road. Fixed the steering box and steering shaft slop, now I have death wobble. 😂

was going to add a stabilizer, but my box is already tapped for assist. Doesn’t seem like that much more work to add a ram so I think I’ll get that knocked out this weekend. I see some keyed knuckles from Brian Ellinger in my future…

I'm in Austin this summer if you make it out this way. I have a bunch of friends here with buggies if you really want to test your rig out.

I’ve been fighting a little death wobble since I got it back on the road. Fixed the steering box and steering shaft slop, now I have death wobble. 😂

was going to add a stabilizer, but my box is already tapped for assist. Doesn’t seem like that much more work to add a ram so I think I’ll get that knocked out this weekend. I see some keyed knuckles from Brian Ellinger in my future…
Have you balanced the tires?

U-bolts tight?

U-bolts tight?
Good thought, will check them today
I want to do assist also. You got a ram picked out?
I have a 6x1.5” psc ram, going to measure the throw of my pitman arm today. Id like to rework the pitman arm to allow for my fzj80 tie rod end, but also a double shear 5/8 heim mount. Something similar to this.
1623516635556.jpeg

Keeps the ram lines short and out of the way, also minimal movement of the ram, and takes a ton of stress of the sector shaft.

Been driving it a couple times a week to work. Today was interesting. Driver in front of me slammed on their brakes, so did I, rear ended locked and swung me around. Hit the embankment in the shoulder and rolled. Less the 15mph. Feeling lucky to be alive. Two land highway with no divider. Definitely could have been worse. Walked away with a small scratch on my right foot.

will likely be ordering a redline cage kit next week. Mine is all tweaked.

1F9E27D9-E1A1-43AB-8D58-D62B22D95128.jpeg

EBF48452-78B9-4B8F-92FE-270B6FD0B289.jpeg

1D4572FA-1C2A-4743-AD7C-D24B829291F2.jpeg

C149358D-CDAF-4BF7-909E-1ED2D3858B7C.jpeg

Looks like you could have driven it home once it got back on 4 wheels. Glad to hear you didn't sustain any serious injuries and could walk away. Bummer for the roll.

Rolling the truck out caused the bead to pop, didn’t have a spare or any onboard air. Totally unprepared. The steering shaft broke and the column broke. I bent the grant wheel from holding on so hard. Body is tweaked a little bit. All and all it’s not terrible… most just a bruised ego.

0083D81F-51FE-4889-932C-8D36A52357D5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom