For Sale FJ40 Gas Tank-3/69-9/71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
019BD8CD-220D-41CC-8C50-B70100FACE79.jpeg
F45BB661-5149-493A-BA81-D054875E5DC0.jpeg
8DEE5372-D0F6-48FA-B802-8E8D7E188BCB.jpeg
7CF01EEB-1E80-4F70-B383-150477D4A135.jpeg
I took this tank off my 69’. Tank has been cleaned inside, powder coated and Linex added to bottom for protection. Asking $200 mas o menos. Buyer pays shipping. San Diego (not always sunny)

If it’s any help to you guys...I shipped one clear across the country via greyhound. Arrived undamaged...slowly. I’d use them again when needed.

I just had one shipped in from the east coast in a vacuum cleaned box on fedex. Cost me ~20 bucks. After rust removal it leaks though. This is exactly what I was planning on doing to it.

Flipout, I will send you PM. A new one was shipped to me via UPS and I think I paid 95 for shipping. I will follow up with buyer to see how he wants it shipped as I am not inclined to shop around for various shipping options. With that said, thanks for the input guys on the various shipping options--I will keep those in mind in the future!!:)

I just had one shipped in from the east coast in a vacuum cleaned box on fedex. Cost me ~20 bucks. After rust removal it leaks though. This is exactly what I was planning on doing to it.

Was the box $20 or you shipped for $20? USPS large flat rate is almost $20 if you can ship a box the size and weight of a gas tank for $20 I would be interested how and I'm sure others would. Problem with mailing a tank that's been used lately is gas/gas smell from the tank. USPS won't even mail if you disclosed what was in the box.

FYI this tank probably dates back to 9/67 and will work on even earlier FJ40s. 3/69 is only Toyota's date for their parts system not the true date.

GLWS.

FYI this tank probably dates back to 9/67 and will work on even earlier FJ40s. 3/69 is only Toyota's date for their parts system not the true date.

GLWS.

The standing seam interferes with the legs on the earlier bench seats that were not designed to clear a standing-seam fuel tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom