For Sale Tempe AZ: 1978 FJ40 Gas Tank (Needs Repair) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1978 FJ40 Gas Tank in very good condition. Very little visible rust (some rust on exterior surface but nothing that appears excessive or compromising of tank integrity). Interior surface that can be seen looks clean with no signs of rust or contamination of any kind.

There was a small leak of fuel in an area that was repaired more than 25 years ago with JB Weld, and only recently started seeping a small amount of gas. I cleaned the area that was patched which shows two small holes. I believe these holes can again be patched or repaired by someone willing to do the work safely, which would be a big saving from a new tank cost which runs +$600. I’ve see people solder holes like these but they knew what they were doing. I think JB Weld can do the trick as well. They make a fuel resistant version for just this application. The tank has been cleaned but gas fumes can still be present.

I’m asking $200 plus shipping cost. If you can pick up in Arizona it’s a good deal I think. I’m including the Sending Unit.
IMG_5541.jpeg

IMG_5542.jpeg

IMG_5538.jpeg

IMG_5540.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom