SOLD 1972 FJ40 Gas Tank With Evap Ports (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I discovered a leak in my gas tank so I'm looking for a replacement. I'm seeking one in good shape with no leaks that also contains the evap ports like in the image below. I'd like to find one in Colorado to avoid shipping costs. If you have one, please let me know.

IMG_0641.JPG

I keep them in stock, new, but have you considered your local dealer to avoid shipping costs?

I keep them in stock, new, but have you considered your local dealer to avoid shipping costs?
I have considered that, but I don't have an extra $600 in my budget right now. Plus, any of the sites I've used to view Toyota parts don't have a picture of it so I can't tell if it has the evaporation ports like my current one does. CCOT sells new OEM ones, but their description states that the evap and charcoal canister need to be removed. I don't really want to get into that and I'm afraid the new ones from Toyota are missing these ports.

I'm also taking it into a radiator shop today. They weren't really thrilled about doing it, but reluctantly said they'd take a look. I'm keeping the wanted post up just in case it's something they can't fix.

I have considered that, but I don't have an extra $600 in my budget right now. Plus, any of the sites I've used to view Toyota parts don't have a picture of it so I can't tell if it has the evaporation ports like my current one does. CCOT sells new OEM ones, but their description states that the evap and charcoal canister need to be removed. I don't really want to get into that and I'm afraid the new ones from Toyota are missing these ports.

I apologize, you are right and the new ones don’t have those ports.

Go with the one @kevos37 posted. That looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom