FJ40 Frame Repair? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rorkis

REO1
Threads
HI, Looking for a frame box or repair kit I can weld into the frame around the front leaf spring hanger perch for the rear springs. If you have one of these you know they rust right at this bend in the frame. Looking for ideas / input on this problem spot. It is not real bad yet....but I want to strengthen it before it is too late. Any ideas? Thanks.>Randy

HI, Looking for a frame box or repair kit I can weld into the frame around the front leaf spring hanger perch for the rear springs. If you have one of these you know they rust right at this bend in the frame. Looking for ideas / input on this problem spot. It is not real bad yet....but I want to strengthen it before it is too late. Any ideas? Thanks.>Randy

I used the TLC Concepts kit FJ40 Frame Box Kit on Claudia's rig, but made stronger box gussets. Not sure if that kit is still available, but Ruff Stuff also makes a kit FJ40 Frame Boxing Kit - RuffStuff Specialties. The link to the install: https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-...putable-shop-do-frame-repair-east-valley.html

yeah, Kevin did a great job :clap: :bounce: and it is wheeling strong :steer:

also check the front frame horn on the passenger side - prone to breakage, too :whoops: (I wasn't the only one who mangled that one, though - a few other examples on MUD :hillbilly:)

Last edited:
there is a shop here that has a plasma cutter ,we make cardboard templates ,supply our own steel and he cuts all the parts for a fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom