FJ40 Clogged fuel tank pickup tube (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I finally got this going. I may of been mistaken on the plugged pickup tube. My compressor was really noisy, so it was hard to hear. I blew it out again right at the fuel tank connection and I could hear the fuel gurgling. I then mouth siphoned from the disconnected fuel pump line and got fuel. So maybe fuel pump issues, blocked baffle passages? I have the fuel pump with the primer rod. After getting fuel to that fuel pump, I attached the line and primed manually until I saw the full fill up the bowl in the carburetor.

Robert

Well, I finally got this going. I may of been mistaken on the plugged pickup tube. My compressor was really noisy, so it was hard to hear. I blew it out again right at the fuel tank connection and I could hear the fuel gurgling. I then mouth siphoned from the disconnected fuel pump line and got fuel. So maybe fuel pump issues, blocked baffle passages? I have the fuel pump with the primer rod. After getting fuel to that fuel pump, I attached the line and primed manually until I saw the full fill up the bowl in the carburetor.

Robert

if it needs a refresh i think same Folks @Cruiser Cult offer a real JAPAN Spec. parts service kit

original diaphram in yours iis dry rotted after 69 long years i bet ...

types-of-fuel-pumps.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom