FJ40/45 H.D. Skid Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mopdog, I already have you on the list, and now also Lil Dog.
SugarBear, should fit your HJ47, you decide, it's 29.93" wide at the front edge, 32.98" wide at the rear edge, and it has zero bolt holes, you drill to fit your frame.
so, not to be dense, but exactly where is this built to go? Directly under the engine? Under the tranny/transfer? We like the idea of extra protection, just not sure where it is supposed to end up.
Thanks!

Would this bolt in on an HJ47 also (Troopy if that matters)?
so, not to be dense, but exactly where is this built to go? Directly under the engine? Under the tranny/transfer? We like the idea of extra protection, just not sure where it is supposed to end up.
Thanks!

This is for under the transmission transfer. Think the way the front of these skid plates angle up wouldn't work well with the transmission crossmember. Also the frame is narrower in this section than all the other 40 series post 8/80 4X series frames. 45 is narrower than the 40/42/43/44/46 series but does show the skid plates were same on the 45 as everything except the HJ47 which has it's own part number.

This is for under the transmission transfer. Think the way the front of these skid plates angle up wouldn't work well with the transmission crossmember. Also the frame is narrower in this section than all the other 40 series post 8/80 4X series frames. 45 is narrower than the 40/42/43/44/46 series but does show the skid plates were same on the 45 as everything except the HJ47 which has it's own part number.
Thanks! Doesn't sound like a fit for our truck unfortunately, without a lot of mods. We also have an H55F in there which would just make it tougher I'm sure.

Thanks! Doesn't sound like a fit for our truck unfortunately, without a lot of mods. We also have an H55F in there which would just make it tougher I'm sure.

Still hoping to find another H55F skid plate. These are left to right. 74-7/80 FJ40 H42 four speed. 3/82 FJ40 H42 four speed. 3/83 BJ42 H55F five speed.

View attachment 2603273
Phone and mud do not work together very well. Attempt two at a photo
IMG_20190814_105622213.jpg

Being the HJ47 frame is a little narrower in that location might work with 74-7/80 four speed skid plate. Flatten the front where it's rolled up and trim to fit by the crossmember.

I have and on my 3/79 FJ40 frame the five speed skid lined up with the threaded holes in the frame. I found that interesting once the crossmember started the threaded holes stayed the same.

Roger that, 74fj40 and icorradio you are on the list, should only be a few more days now.

Looking for a skidplate fir a 1976 40 with a NV4500/5.3L. Lower Cat. Availability and price pls. SF Bay Area. Thxs.

Still hoping to find another H55F skid plate. These are left to right. 74-7/80 FJ40 H42 four speed. 3/82 FJ40 H42 four speed. 3/83 BJ42 H55F five speed.

View attachment 2603273
Phone and mud do not work together very well. Attempt two at a photo
View attachment 2603282
Being the HJ47 frame is a little narrower in that location might work with 74-7/80 four speed skid plate. Flatten the front where it's rolled up and trim to fit by the crossmember.

I have and on my 3/79 FJ40 frame the five speed skid lined up with the threaded holes in the frame. I found that interesting once the crossmember started the threaded holes stayed the same.
I nee done for a 1977 4 speed

mtown and Vandal FJ, another batch of my H.D. skid plates is being built right now, eta should be 1 to 2 weeks now, price is $285.00, plus $10.00 shipping box, plus postage to your address. If interested please send mailing address so I can determine postage, then email address so I can send PayPal invoice when you already- - -easy deal.

Looking for a skidplate fir a 1976 40 with a NV4500/5.3L. Lower Cat. Availability and price pls. SF Bay Area. Thxs.
You'll probably need to have that made custom unless you want a sloppy fit. Since you're not stock someone will have to accommodate the height of
the t-case and it's position, front to back.. NV4500 to a split case in a 40

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

Update, picking up next batch of skid plates today.

Ok, so I went ahead and built another batch of my Downey heavy duty skid plates, Mud response was righteous, so I now have one (1) left until I build another batch- - -thanks guys and gals.
If these are still available and you ship I need one👍

I'm in for one for a '78 40. I've been waiting for you to make another run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom