FJ40 12HT Swap & 60 Series Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone.

I've finally gotten around to posting up a thread on my FJ40 build.

Some background: I bought the 40 back in 2018 for $4,000. Originally I planned to put in a 12HT, but I couldn't find one. I went so far as to get a 6.3L LM7 V8 and all the adapter parts to put it in.

In the end, I just couldn't bring myself to own a landcruiser that didnt have a Toyota engine. So I hunted for a 12HT for over a year and a half. Finally, I found a good one.
This will be my fourth 12HT swap (two were done for work, and one on my personal 60). I own three 12HT powered cruisers, and I absolutely love the engines.

Long story short:
The 40 is a 1969.
It has some body rust but not bad.
I am keeping the patina for now.
The final goal is this: 12HT, 60 series axles, new OME suspension, power steering, dual ARB lockers.

I will post photos and some write-ups in this thread, but I have been trying to take short video clips as I move through this project. They have very low/no production quality, but they are still more captivating than simple photos.

I hope you enjoy.
-Will

Early build stages. Cleaning out the interior and prepping for engine pull and rust carving.

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5908 2.JPG

IMG_3643.JPG

IMG_5909 2.JPG

Cleaning and painting the block. I repainted it with components attached to ensure no paint entered critical components. All the outer accessories will be removed and cleaned anyway. More engine work to come.

IMG_2227.JPG

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom