FJ25 early apron and later tailgate emblems. READ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yankeetoys.org
I want to post this here since this is more of a discussion to get things made rather than me trying to sell stuff.

All of us need these emblems. The one I have is one of the last in existence. I have a shop that is interested in doing the work. It is the only shop that I have found willing to make small quantities of parts. Their work is exceptional and the final product will be better than the original.

MVC-895L.JPG

"TOYOTA" Custom Emblem...
Custom Emblem made in manner of "TOYOTA" emblem supplied.
The lettering and outer rim will be raised chromed brass, with a recessed
background. The background will be filled with a colored high gloss enamel to match original

Shape: rectangle with rounded corners
Size: 9.25" across
Finish: High polish
Findings: Optional threaded rods on back (SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD OPTION???, its included)
Material: Chromed Brass or stainless steel
0.00T
Modelmaking:
Digital artwork: File prep for 3D $100
Tooling: Includes 3D computer modeling, file prep for CNC, CNC mill and handcarve
to create master, cast master and make vulcanized mold $695
Total Tooling = $795

Now this is just to get things rolling. There is a minimum order of 6 emblems.

The emblems are going to be around $150 each with shipping and misc stuff. So this brings the total to $284 per piece.

I am getting a price from them on having more quantities made, but the setup cost will still be the same, although it will be spread out over more emblems.

Thoughts? Anyone have a cheaper solution? I need to have them made, but if there is a better alternative, lemme know.

playing with the numberrs as they are, if we ordered 40 of them, they'd come down to $170 each before any discount that they may give us for quantity. but I dont have $7000 lying around to throw in for that without a substantial amount of them sold up front :)

Will your contact at Toyota give permission to replicate these? I'm just curious.

I'm still interested in one, but the $284 price is just too high to justify. Maybe $150.

I like the way they are being constructed. Good quality materials, with a focus on originality.

The shop hasn't asked for it so I won't ask.

Them's the numbers, nothing I can do but find a cheaper shop.

landcruiserdude said:
Will your contact at Toyota give permission to replicate these? I'm just curious.

I'm still interested in one, but the $284 price is just too high to justify. Maybe $150.

I like the way they are being constructed. Good quality materials, with a focus on originality.

Ya know, I had all kinds of questions and suggestions, and then I thought some more...I need them, but I don't want to settle on "good enough" with this item...Gene set one hell of a standard with the T-bird and I have never regreted spending that cash...

Mike, you had me at "exceptional", I'm in

Mike you can count me in too. I don't think you can find enough people to fork over $150. This really a FJ25 emblem and if your not doing a restro why would you pay $150 when you could use a FJ40 rear emblem and be close. So I would just get as many as people commit to. There is only a few purist around looking for this part. If it was $20 you could probably sell a bunch but at $150 you down to a few, you go over $250 and down to a very few.

John

I'm going to pass, too. Since I'm going with the big mo-fo license plate bracket & light on the left tailgate, and the spare tire covering the right, there's literally no room left for an emblem. :frown:

Well it's a heck of a lot more practical on the door than the 25 holder on the corner.

Um, Steve?

Is......

that a chrome exhaust tip?:princess:

I'm still in...kinda feels like poker now...two fer sure, I just looked at the South American (FST, side mounted spare, double tailgate doors) and there are no holes for an emblem....hmmmm

Mike if they will do seven put down for two. I'm sure I could find something like a tailgate to sell (I don't think there is a market for adult children still living at home :crybaby: ). I just hope some of these other guys restoring 25s know the chance they are missing.

John

John, maybe you should stock up on some to meet the demand? I'm 99% sure that Mike isn't, so anyone who needs one better step up. :grinpimp:

That's just what I was saying. Once this are made that probably going to be it. I doubt Mike will have another run made next year if he has what he needs. I don't think the shop making them is going to make one at that price every time someone wants one. Get them now or you probably won't get another chance. I don't want to stock up on them there is very small market for this and then they will want them at your cost or your ripping them off. I just think it's great that Mike is doing this and don't want to be missing that one piece your going to be unable to get. Out of all the 25s out there this was the only emblem to be found in the US right?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom