FJ25 early apron and later tailgate emblems. READ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Well it's a heck of a lot more practical on the door than the 25 holder on the corner.
Yep, that's what I figured. Plus, it would be a pain the butt smoothing that left door down if I pulled that bracket off.

So since there's no other place to put a TOYOTA emblem on the rear, I'm going with the corner wrap-around style. It may not be OEM FJ25, but at least it's a stock piece in a stock location.
Tailgate4.jpg

OK Steve you know I'm old and easy to confuse:rolleyes: but I thought you removed the footman loops now it looks like you have them on both doors:confused: Just an FYI it looks like the two doors on the hard tops and the ones with two doors on the soft top according to Phil didn't have the emblem even with the side tire carrier:confused: I guess they were only set up to punch out the extra holes in the tailgates.:rolleyes:

John

Living in the Past said:
I thought you removed the footman loops now it looks like you have them on both doors:confused:
I did remove the 3 OEM footmans that were on the left door only and just sent those off to FoxFab (they're finally on the way, Mike).

With the left door still showing signs of previous loops attached, I put on a total of 6 matching aftermarket footmans across both doors. Not exactly the original style, but too darn close to tell, and now all 6 match.

Living in the Past said:
Just an FYI it looks like the two doors on the hard tops and the ones with two doors on the soft top according to Phil didn't have the emblem even with the side tire carrier
I wanted a similar OEM TOYOTA emblem of some sort back there, so hopefully all the other oddities of my particular 25 hardtop will let that slip through unnoticed and forgiven as well. :0

The one benefit of having a 25 with no apron air intake, no windshield vent, km/h speedo, and being a rare hardtop to boot, is that I get to make up some rules that only true FJ25 afficianados like you guys can catch. :cool:

Quote: Landcruisersteve I wanted a similar OEM TOYOTA emblem of some sort back there, so hopefully all the other oddities of my particular 25 hardtop will let that slip through unnoticed and forgiven as well. :0

OK we'll let it slide but just for you cause we like you.:) You can even put the 4WD emblem above the Toyota one just like on the FJ40. But change the license plate light to one from a FJ40 at least.:rolleyes: Wouldn't hurt to put some eyelets on the pintle either, the ones for the safety chains. I understand you can get them from 4X4 military surplus stores as they were used on military Jeeps.:idea:

John

Living in the Past said:
Wouldn't hurt to put some eyelets on the pintle either, the ones for the safety chains. I understand you can get them from 4X4 military surplus stores as they were used on military Jeeps.:idea:
Do those just replace the exisiting lower mounting bolts?? :confused: For some reason I though they were welded into the pintle hook base itself.

John convinced me! There will always be more 25's, but not more emblems!

Make mine X2 Mike. And get back to work on that Ford! :D

Nope.

They're angled eyelets with studs on them. They do replace the lower bolts.

DSC00065_sm.JPG

Landcruisersteve said:
Do those just replace the exisiting lower mounting bolts?? :confused: For some reason I though they were welded into the pintle hook base itself.

Ack. Take it off my tab, wouldn't want to run short and not be able to do my part to keep DisneyWorld awash in cash. :crybaby:

At least the ford ran, if you found out it didn't charge.;p

Living in the Past said:
That's just what I was saying. Once this are made that probably going to be it. I doubt Mike will have another run made next year if he has what he needs. I don't think the shop making them is going to make one at that price every time someone wants one. Get them now or you probably won't get another chance. I don't want to stock up on them there is very small market for this and then they will want them at your cost or your ripping them off. I just think it's great that Mike is doing this and don't want to be missing that one piece your going to be unable to get. Out of all the 25s out there this was the only emblem to be found in the US right?

John
It seems to me that a mold or cnc program is being made, and purchased for this first run of these emblems. So are not all involved with the set up purchase, part owners of this mold or cnc setup for FUTURE emblems to be made? This would make all you first run folks splitting any the profits on the next runs. Hopefully the mold or cnc programming will make more than a dozen emblems. I guess my question --who will own the rights to make more emblems? Thank's John #3

I'm sorry if the tone of this post is a bit harsh but there are no profits being made. I dont see the point of your post other than to creat anymosity since I don't see your name on the list of those who have stepped up to make these happen. We are all sharing in the costs to make these. I have been open and honest about all costs associated and am doing this out of necessity, not profit. This is how all of my reproduction parts are done. On other repro runs, I have had extras made to lower the cost on the "per part" price. This benefits the people who initially stepped up to help make the parts. These extras are sold for a marginal profit to those that were not involved in the process. I cannot afford to do this with these emblems though as I do not see a future for them. As it is, I am sitting on 20+ FJ25 vin plates, 25+ pair of dash plates, 5 sets of FJ45LV tail light lenses, and 4 sets of FJ45LPB lenses. That is approximately $1800 sitting on a shelf that could be used to feed my family. If I am over reacting, I apologise, but if you were buying an emblem and asked me this in private, I could have understood. But you did aren't helping with the process and asked this in a public forum so I question your motives.

Last edited:
Mike, What I'm saying is it is great that you guy's are stepping in and getting these emblems made, so if future runs are made they can help re-coup the initial pay out. Sorry if I spoke out of turn. John P.

If there is ever a need for a future run, then I'll contact Jim, John, and Phil and we can discuss it. But I dont see a future run happening any time soon. I had initially figured that we could get 40 emblems sold just on the "coolness" factor. This would have made the "per part" cost significantly lower. But the Cruiser community never stepped up and only us 4 FJ25 owners are currently in for 8 emblems total. It is still not too late to add to the order though. Sorry for the misunderstanding :D

John, no one speaks out of turn here. :frown:

And, if you need one and Mike can't accomodate you in this run, I'll pass one of mine on at cost.
;)

Just an idea Mike....

Did you think about selling any of these to Marv over at SOR? I've got think he gets calls on this part once in a blue moon and he may want one or two on his shelf.... If for no other reason than to say he's got one.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom