Fj cruiser wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which years can I run on my 1/92 fj80 without modification? I'm eyeing a set of 2014 Fj Cruiser rims. Don't want to use spacers if I don't have to.
265/70/17

Last edited:
IMG_2528.JPG

Those will fit but they'll be tucked in under the truck and will look a little funny (IMHO) because they have too much backspacing. The center caps won't fit on the front unless you run wheel spacers. I run Toyota 4Runner 3rd gen Limited wheels on my '92 with 1.5" wheel spacers...

I have those same wheels to use with my '97 FZJ80. What wheel spacers are recommended and is it a bad thing to run wheel spacers? What is the downside?

Thank you in advance,

WJR

Those will fit but they'll be tucked in under the truck and will look a little funny (IMHO) because they have too much backspacing. The center caps won't fit on the front unless you run wheel spacers. I run Toyota 4Runner 3rd gen Limited wheels on my '92 with 1.5" wheel spacers...

Is there a year of FJ cruiser rim that fits without spacers?

Last edited:
What wheel spacers are recommended and is it a bad thing to run wheel spacers? What is the downside?
Generally wheel spacers are not recommended. Its another thing to get in the way. Read: another add-on to fix a problem that shouldn't really exist in the first place.
Yes, people run them. Yes, people have lots and lots of miles with no problems. There are dozens of threads discussing it: Search Results for Query: wheel spacers | IH8MUD Forum

Is there a year of FJ cruiser rim that fits without spacers?
Fairly certain wheel spacing didn't change throughout FJ Cruiser production and thus, the wheels should all be spaced the same.

The fj wheels will fit. They're tucked in a little bit it's not horrible. I've used sequoia wheels with the same backspace as fj wheels on two of my 80s and had 1.5" spacers on the first one for a few years. I had zero issues.

If you use spacers Make sure theyre a quality bolt on type and never the "washer" type. If they're torqued properly and you check them after the first hundred miles and then every oil change for looseness you should be ok.

Last edited:
The fj wheels will fit. They're tucked in a little bit it's not horrible. I've used sequoia wheels with the same backspace as fj wheels on two of my 80s and had 1.5" spacers on the first one for a few years. I had zero issues.

If you use spacers Make sure theyre a quality bolt on type and never the "washer" type. If they're torqued properly and you check them after the first hundred miles and then every oil change for looseness you should be ok.
Appreciate the info, how tucked in are we talking? I removed my flares so I'm thinking they probably would look fine without spacers. Also, if stock offset is 8mm and these cruiser wheels are 15mm won't I only lose 7mm per side?

Appreciate the info, how tucked in are we talking? I removed my flares so I'm thinking they probably would look fine without spacers.
IMG_2768.JPG
Like this. (Not my cruiser)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom