FJ 60 hood spring replacement and hood prop removal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replaced my stock hood springs and hood prop with new gas shocks. Makes the engine bay a lot cleaner and easier to work on. Shocks were $18 on Amazon. Utilized the stock hood spring holes and dabbed the brackets from angle iron from Tractor Supply. On the drivers side there was not a hole in the correct location. So, I drilled a hole and added a threaded insert for the 8mm ball stud to thread into. A lot of these on Amazon. These are the 20”, 100# version. Only caution I would offer is watch your shock location. Make sure the shock reaches full stroke before the hood reaches its stops. Edge of the hood may strike your windshield wiper cover.
IMG_1163.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1164.jpeg

This looks sweet! By any chance do you have video of it in action? Love to get a feel for the speed and ease of closing.

Sorry but I can’t figure out how to upload the video. It’s not in my photo library when I try to upload. It opens very easy I mean fingertips easy. If anything I would buy the 75lb cylinders instead of the 100s next time, to soften the open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom