FJ 40 Headlight switch Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

The headlight switch on my 1974 FJ is not working. I have confirmed that there is power coming to the switch through the harness. I also took the switch apart and cleaned everything as best I could. The truck has had an adventurous life in a ranch in Oklahoma..... There was mud in the seat backs...

It has the unusual 84112-60010 switch that had the rheostat in it and a lighted knob. Can I go to the 84112-60020 ? They are much easier to find.

Thanks

jon

Hi,

The headlight switch on my 1974 FJ is not working. I have confirmed that there is power coming to the switch through the harness. I also took the switch apart and cleaned everything as best I could. The truck has had an adventurous life in a ranch in Oklahoma..... There was mud in the seat backs...

It has the unusual 84112-60010 switch that had the rheostat in it and a lighted knob. Can I go to the 84112-60020 ? They are much easier to find.

Thanks

jon
If you’re daring enough you could address your issue with @ToyotaMatt . He know light switches!

the short answer is YES , however you must reconfigure ALL 4 out of 5 of the color coded tracer stripe wire feeding your 60010 switch as we speak right now , only the small RED w / Black tracer stripe stays the same as is ............
i can help you with this if you like , i should have both EWD wire harness pictorial diagrams , easy to understand photos ,,,,fyi

let me know if i can help .... :) :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:
matt
-
84112-60020 is 1st tech pic here below ...fyi
1707277491459.jpeg

1707277051969.png

1707277282780.jpeg

1707277696208.png

I could definitely use the help !! I have not been able to find the other switch anywhere.

jon

ok kool

i have to ask on this topic :

- is your current Factory 6pin email harness side connector plug intact and in SOLID GOOD shape as we speak ?

or ..

NO , at some level ?

- also , the small RED and WHITE color coded wires feeding the little golg spring loaded twist bulb socket base that enters the rear of your 84112-60010 as it came from the factory ,?

if unsure on these 2 key points , please post detailed and several good clear crisp up-close and personal tech. photos below ....

-
lastly , can you post a " same " details tech photo below , of the small tiny clear poly-carbonite fiber-optic rod that sticks out of the end where your illuminated KNOB twist's on and off ....

this here below tech. example image :

DSCN4383.png

ok kool

i have to ask on this topic :

- is your current Factory 6pin email harness side connector plug intact and in SOLID GOOD shape as we speak ?

or ..

NO , at some level ?

- also , the small RED and WHITE color coded wires feeding the little golg spring loaded twist bulb socket base that enters the rear of your 84112-60010 as it came from the factory ,?

if unsure on these 2 key points , please post detailed and several good clear crisp up-close and personal tech. photos below ....

-
lastly , can you post a " same " details tech photo below , of the small tiny clear poly-carbonite fiber-optic rod that sticks out of the end where your illuminated KNOB twist's on and off ....

this here below tech. example image :

they appear to be in good shape

they appear to be in good shape

well ..........?

without being able to , see confirm and verify this with my own eyes it's a bit hard for me to post the FSM and other nifty Paper Print Media Resources

i have below for you ?

there are too many factors at play using , and subsequent , re-using a 1974
60010 existing harness side connector plug set , and then turning around and reconfiguring it as you relocate all 4 of the main 2 different fused circuits primary color coded tracer stripe wies ....

and , ..

simply jump into assuming and a bit of unnecessary speculating here with your 1974 FJ40 , neither of which will help you here achieve your primary 60020 retrofit goals ........ i try hard to never do either of these above be what if i guess wrong ? then this does not help me help you at end of the day ....

how come you did not post the needed tech photos below ?

- see if you can do this as i to the time to explain in detail , now you know the WHY , on this important topic ,,,

there are 2 other same in kind Vintage TOYOTA illuminated Pull Switches too , that perhaps are at your unicorn hunter-ing mission finger tips right now as we speak ,

- see what i am trying to explain below .....

THIS IS THE WAY .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom