Fixed the fj62 NO START (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the past year I was experiencing the dreaded no start, turn the key and clicking then after ten turns BAM it would start eventually 20 turns. Not every time of course but definitely after a long ride or the local liquor store run.
I went into the 60 series forum and had really nice gents help me out and I much appreciated them so here's what I did.
1. Cleaned up fusible links at positive battery post
2. Replaced starter factory! expensive!
3. Replaced ignition switch. now I have two keys "sucks" buck & 1/2
4. Replaced ignition relay switch $12.99
Remember I got great advice from fellow Ih8m'rs and it worked for all of them
after all the replacement parts i was still getting the "NO F^*#'N START!"
I have an amplifier for the radio and blew the fuse it 's the kind of fuse that is 60 amps the monster cable type
and it's hooked up to the battery terminal post which is also partnering with fusible links and other wires
The terminal is your typical clamp with a 1/2 inch nut and screw post where all of your wires fit onto and then you tighten the butterfly clamp. SIMPLE
Well that's where I noticed when loosening the butterfly clamp the terminal was a bit loose and the terminal was completely tight I could not make it tighter . Realizing that clamp was loose and it was like in a movie scene when the actor realizes it and everything they did repeats itself in there head super fast and BAM !!! So i went to auto parts and purchased
5. Terminal clamp $ 8.99
THESE TRUCKS BOUNCE AROUND AND s*** GETS LOOSE !!!!!
I always go cheapest first but this time I did the opposite BUT I have new s*** now.
Gents and Ladies or whatever pronoun makes you comfortable
Tighten up your battery post and butterfly clamps
STARTS EVERY TIME !

IMG_9988.jpg

Same thing happened with my Tundra after I had to replace the starter (185k miles). Made all kinds of f’d up noise and would barely start. Headed to the local Napa in Angel Fire, NM and the guy instantly knew my positive terminal was loose. $12 and she starts when I think about turning the key. A great lesson I won’t soon forget.

Beautiful truck you have there btw…

Ian

3. Replaced ignition switch. now I have two keys "sucks" buck & 1/2
The driver door key cylinder has the key code on it. You can have the ignition cylinder rekeyed to it so you are back to one key. OR just put the old one back in since it wasn't the issue.

Same thing happened with my Tundra after I had to replace the starter (185k miles). Made all kinds of f’d up noise and would barely start. Headed to the local Napa in Angel Fire, NM and the guy instantly knew my positive terminal was loose. $12 and she starts when I think about turning the key. A great lesson I won’t soon forget.

Beautiful truck you have there btw…

Ian
Thanks!!
Yeah every time I turn that key I’m still anxious but she starts up !!
Lesson definitely learned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom