first time out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went from Bend Or to the owyhee river for four days of flyfishing with my buddy. When we left at 5am it was raining, by 130 miles out it was snowing. we got to camp by noon? Time didn't matter anymore. We of course thought we packed everything, nope. Fishing was bad, beer drinking and camp time were real good. We had jerry rigged the hannibal rack onto the factory rails, just because I have not have the time yet to do it right. but it worked ok. I'm working on some revisions this week. No mishaps until the ride home. We decided to check out my brothers 20 acres 29 miles south of Glass Butte, that is nowhere if your not familiar with it. Headed in the last mile and we got real stuck. not a tree within 200 ft. . soft mud, saturated in water up to the frame, and the sun was setting. We ended up digging out all we could reach with a quasi military shovel, and cut down two dead juniper trunks to ramp onto. (I packed the chainsaw, but no high lift jack) Here are some pics. Glad I could contribute to the addiction:beer:https://forum.ih8mud.com/images/smilies/beer.gif
IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg

If you guys are into fly fishin, you should try Arkansas's White River or Little Red River. Tons and tons of trout and plenty of shallow areas to wade around.

any pics of the Stuck and recovery?

nice fish, nice cruiser, sounds like a lot of fun. Just bought my TLC but have been fly fishing for a few years now. Can't wait to include my ride in a trout hunt. We fish the N GA and N Carolina rivers and streams.

no pics of the stuck, we were a little frantic to get out, racing daylight and freezing temps. I moved the tent to the back, so the ladder will be more vert. no idea about paint color , black and tan(dirt)?

I went from Bend Or to the owyhee river for four days of flyfishing with my buddy. When we left at 5am it was raining, by 130 miles out it was snowing. we got to camp by noon? Time didn't matter anymore. We of course thought we packed everything, nope. Fishing was bad, beer drinking and camp time were real good. We had jerry rigged the hannibal rack onto the factory rails, just because I have not have the time yet to do it right. but it worked ok. I'm working on some revisions this week. No mishaps until the ride home. We decided to check out my brothers 20 acres 29 miles south of Glass Butte, that is nowhere if your not familiar with it. Headed in the last mile and we got real stuck. not a tree within 200 ft. . soft mud, saturated in water up to the frame, and the sun was setting. We ended up digging out all we could reach with a quasi military shovel, and cut down two dead juniper trunks to ramp onto. (I packed the chainsaw, but no high lift jack) Here are some pics. Glad I could contribute to the addiction:beer:https://forum.ih8mud.com/images/smilies/beer.gif

What kind of rack is that?

I dont think it's a Hannibal, that's for sure. :flipoff2:

just wondering, is that a shackle around the factory tie down bracket? or do you have FRB's

If you guys are into fly fishin, you should try Arkansas's White River or Little Red River. Tons and tons of trout and plenty of shallow areas to wade around.

Don't forget the Norfork, which dumps into the White. The Norfork is my favorite. You can catch the Grand Slam there (Rainbow, Brown, Brook, Cutthroat). One time I caught 4 slams in one day....I s*** you not! They weren't all big, but it was cool.....That was the only time I've got more than one full slam in a day. Also, you need to know how to nymph....that accounts for about 90% of the fly fishing down here....in my experience.

Anyway, nice Rainbow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom