First post: Changed CV axle plus hub flange of hell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's your seal depth reference:

You want to pay attention to the flat top surface of the seal- and where it sits in relation to the edge of the race. Ideally the flat top surface of the seal is even with or just a CH higher than the edge of the race. Ive found this to be accurate placement with any & all the seals on the truck.

1599223787847.jpeg

You want to pay attention to the flat top surface of the seal- and where it sits in relation to the edge of the race. Ideally the flat top surface of the seal is even with or just a CH higher than the edge of the race. Ive found this to be accurate placement with any & all the seals on the truck.

1599223787847.jpeg

1599223787847.jpeg
Perfect! Thank you. Hope I do not have to mess with it again but if I do, will create a tool that's approximately 83mm OD and 73mm ID.

$2.30 PVC bushing from Home Depot works great...
View attachment 2588546
After doing the LH seal twice and looking at photos members had posted, I put together a "tool" for the next time...which I hope doesn't come. It's just a couple pieces of conduit with some thin wall PVC sandwiched between. I used a pickle jar lid pushed in for a top.

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

Nice! Let see a parts list. Does it do the rh side?
No...the right side is a different size (smaller) and it also has a stop so the seal doesn't slide in too far. I had no problems with it. As for parts, I'll take a photo tomorrow and post. It's just two different diameter pieces of PVC conduit, with a cut piece of 3 inch thin wall PVC between. Used pickle jar lid for the top and epoxy glued it in. Everything shows in the photos. You'll notice that the inner pieces of PVC protrude slightly to accommodate the indentation of the seal needed.

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

No...the right side is a different size (smaller) and it also has a stop so the seal doesn't slide in too far. I had no problems with it. As for parts, I'll take a photo tomorrow and post. It's just two different diameter pieces of PVC conduit, with a cut piece of 3 inch thin wall PVC between. Used pickle jar lid for the top and epoxy glued it in. Everything shows in the photos. You'll notice that the inner pieces of PVC protrude slightly to accommodate the indentation of the seal needed.

View attachment 2591437

View attachment 2591439
Nice! I didn't know the rh had a stop on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom