First foray into a vintage Cruiser....1987 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I def want a roof rack, but don't know if add any more height if it'll fit in the barn I park it in. HA! Need to go measure the door height, but a roof rack of some sort is something that I've had my eye on too.
Check out @dogfishlake Bowfin cruisers Bowfin Cruisers | Michigan, USA - https://www.bowfincruisers.com/. Solid product out of MI, and they are low profile and aluminum. I'm running one on my 100 and I dig it. I have a full length baja rack on my 80 and it's awesome too, but it's pretty tall, and heavy.

so just had the brake master cylinder, booster AND alternator replaced. Geesh, old truck things right?

next up, is it time for a knuckle rebuild? Anyone on Nashville area for experience doing it and how hard is it?

C1A31067-6529-41EA-BB49-9B421D3E15B0.jpeg

Definitely time for a knuckle build. Not a hard job - just messy. Heaps of threads on this. Hit up some of the local guys I tagged earlier if you'd like a hand. I'm sure one or two would be game.

Definitely time for a knuckle build. Not a hard job - just messy. Heaps of threads on this. Hit up some of the local guys I tagged earlier if you'd like a hand. I'm sure one or two would be game.
Nah, diff oil isn't even leaking on your tires yet😄

Nah, diff oil isn't even leaking on your tires yet😄

Well I guess the next question is how soon or rather how long can I put it off without destroying or further damaging the front axle?

Drive it. It just makes a god-awful mess once it starts dripping on your tires.

Well I guess the next question is how soon or rather how long can I put it off without destroying or further damaging the front axle?
Speaking from experience, you can put if off for a long time. I was kinda joking though. Even if 90 weight is leaking it is still lubing, but then you need to get on it. Check your diff, if it's low then do it. If not power wash it and see how grimy it gets in a few short trips. Honestly, If you don't have to put it off, just get it done. The longest you can be from a knuckle job is right after you are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom