First Aussie 100 Series (LX470) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Just bought by first LX470 having graduated from a 150 series Prado. It’s in overall pretty good condition with only 178,000kms (110,000 miles) since new. I added nearly 1000kms on my first day of ownership!

Unfortunately on the drive back home a rock smashed my front LHS parking light lens. At $A380 for a new Lexus replacement I’ve been looking for a non-genuine or second hand replacement.

Are there any Australian members on here who have a spare they would be willing to sell me? I need a new one semi-urgently so I can transfer registration from one state to another.

And are the Chinese Ali baba/eBay versions ok?

Many thanks

Astrolex

8E026384-134B-461B-B14A-53C1D0E55D8D.jpeg

B741F2A5-7DDE-4990-8D54-F70B90B65CC6.jpeg

Congrats. The eBay ones will last about a year before they yellow. Check out Partsouq for likely the best price on OEM.

Any idea what roof rack that is? ARB base rack?
Also, was the LX470 offered with a diesel in AU or just the 2UZ?

My Ebay ones have been fine since 2018

DEPO and Eagle eyes (Taiwan) are very good aftermarket brands if you chose that route. Looks like 100 series LandCruiser will fit too.

DEPO and Eagle eyes (Taiwan) are very good aftermarket brands if you chose that route. Looks like 100 series LandCruiser will fit too.
I think the LC ones have a different bulb socket. I bought one from a wrecking yard that ended up not working for me without modification.

Thanks for the warm welcome and tips all, I ended up ordering a replacement from Part Souq for one third the price local dealers were asking!

2UZ only. 470=4.7litre engine.
I guess they figured wealthy Lexus buyers can afford the fuel and didn't want the stink of diesel on their hands :oops: . Most stations in Oz are self-service-only even if you can afford to pay someone to fill it for you.

Thanks for the warm welcome and tips all, I ended up ordering a replacement from Part Souq for one third the price local dealers were asking!
Did you check delivery lead times? Usually takes at least a month from Partsouq or Amayama. You said you needed one in a hurry.

Any idea what roof rack that is? ARB base rack?

That's the LX450D over here I guess.

I didn't know they sold the lexus brand in Australia. That is pretty cool.
Maybe you could check car-part.com and see if there's any that could be shipped to you, or look on ebay?

Why not?
I drive mine for the last 10 years.

Did you check delivery lead times? Usually takes at least a month from Partsouq or Amayama. You said you needed one in a hurry.

I ordered parts on Partsouq on the 21st, delivered today 28th.
Pretty happy with that.
Amayama was delivery estimated at end May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom