Fire Extinguisher Mounted (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The group I’ve been doing training with requires a 2.5 lb or larger ABC rated extinguisher. That being said, nothing says I couldn’t also have one (or more) of these Element extinguishers in addition to the traditional type.

I looked at these and their competitors, I found most of them have no ratings at all as far as ABC either. From what I read elsewhere nobody has tested them to anything close to UL standards. Having an extra fire extinguisher is always good. They are a bit of a mystery as to what they will actually put out.

I got a different extinguisher with a metal auto bracket and a H3R mount.

C811E4BF-3F8C-4B80-A2D1-0BE0ED311212.jpeg

I wasn’t super impressed with the mounting plate. I’m sure it is universal, but it is fiddly, and the stainless hardware galled immediately like nothing I’ve experienced before. I may replace it with something custom I make with fewer moving parts. It’ll do until I get around to it (if ever).

Reactions: NTV
Has anyone got the H3R Hal guard from Amazon? I usually like to buy this kind of stuff from the manufacturer to avoid the potential for knockoffs but I have a bunch of Amazon gift card $ I’d love to spend on a couple of these. I can’t get the 15% discount code to email from the H3R site either.

Has anyone got the H3R Hal guard from Amazon? I usually like to buy this kind of stuff from the manufacturer to avoid the potential for knockoffs but I have a bunch of Amazon gift card $ I’d love to spend on a couple of these. I can’t get the 15% discount code to email from the H3R site either.
I bought direct from H3R during a Sale around Black Friday last year. From memory was about 15 percent off.

The 2 chrome 2.5lb H3R Hal guards I ordered showed up. I’m really impressed. I was on the fence due to the cost but these things are extremely well made and the fit and finish are top notch, even my wife commented favorably on their appearance.

The 2 chrome 2.5lb H3R Hal guards I ordered showed up. I’m really impressed. I was on the fence due to the cost but these things are extremely well made and the fit and finish are top notch, even my wife commented favorably on their appearance.
Great. Glad you liked them. I also felt the design and fit/finish was top notch. Easy install and I really like how I can move the mount to remove my weather tech liners without having to grab a socket. Makes it real easy when vacuuming.

Anyone had any experience with these?

Yup, they are great and real easy to use! Best part is how simple it is to keep around you when you need it too

Yup, they are great and real easy to use! Best part is how simple it is to keep around you when you need it too
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

It's like lighting a match when you need it and the 50sec is more than enough! The burn time is real long when you're in that situation. Only need 10sec really

I can also say the element system comes with all you need to mount to the lower plastic trim of the 2021 style seats. I had some hardware I was going to use and ultimately went with some self-tapping screws and lock nuts with some nylon washers on the opposite side. Plenty of room (approx 1" clearance) of anything under the seats regardless of seat position. I had an extra plastic collar since my wife's car needed the "universal" mounting plate from element. This "universal" mounting kit will not work with the seats I am describing without some serious modification (read: cutting) of the front plastic trim or mounting directly to the seat front mounting bolts. If the mounting bolts were indeed an option I would have used them, but I could not get the supplied bracket to mount satisfactorily with the curved metal used for the seat frame. Maybe someone smarter than I am could have gotten it to work, but I wanted something a bit more discreet.

I can also say the element system comes with all you need to mount to the lower plastic trim of the 2021 style seats. I had some hardware I was going to use and ultimately went with some self-tapping screws and lock nuts with some nylon washers on the opposite side. Plenty of room (approx 1" clearance) of anything under the seats regardless of seat position. I had an extra plastic collar since my wife's car needed the "universal" mounting plate from element. This "universal" mounting kit will not work with the seats I am describing without some serious modification (read: cutting) of the front plastic trim or mounting directly to the seat front mounting bolts. If the mounting bolts were indeed an option I would have used them, but I could not get the supplied bracket to mount satisfactorily with the curved metal used for the seat frame. Maybe someone smarter than I am could have gotten it to work, but I wanted something a bit more discreet.

Could you supply a pic of your mount to the plastic trim?

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom