Fire Extinguisher Mounted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a legitimate concern, and why I mounted mine using H3R hardware which is NHRA Accepted and designed to Mil-Spec 810G and tested to withstand 27G in all directions.

Universal Fire Extinguisher Seat Mounts | H3R Performance
Extreme Duty Quick Release Brackets | H3R Performance

Here's what mine looks like mounted:

LC200ExtMount1_05FEB18_zpsdmgjkxrk.jpg

And after pulling the "Pull To Release" flag:

LC200ExtMount2_05FEB18_zpszsjarium.jpg

With the extinguisher released, the seat can be moved all the way forward without any obstruction from the mount.

The mount allows the reinstallation of the seat rail front covers which makes for a neater looking install than some other brackets.

Simply rotate the mount upwrads a little - easy with the Nylok nuts which maintain an even tension - and the floor mats are easily removed for cleaning.

I've run this setup for several months now and have had no problems with use or interference with my feet.

Definitely don't worry about the integrity of the mount and its ability to withstand a crash - or even just getting knocked loose.

HTH
I run same set up but don’t have quick release mount. Just using regular mount that came with my H3R. Plan to upgrade to quick release as I want it simple for my wife and son in emergency.

Reviving a thread. I have a generic Kidde or First Alert 2.5 lb ABC extinguisher that I just added to my kit because a training event required it. It has come to my attention that having it in the drawers isn’t the best idea, so I’m looking to put it by the drivers seat like a lot of you have. The H3R universal mount sounds like a good base, but the quick release seems to be proprietary (from what I read) and probably won’t fit my extinguisher. Can anyone that has been in this situation share what they used for the quick release portion? @Markuson it sounds like you may have done this?

Reviving a thread. I have a generic Kidde or First Alert 2.5 lb ABC extinguisher that I just added to my kit because a training event required it. It has come to my attention that having it in the drawers isn’t the best idea, so I’m looking to put it by the drivers seat like a lot of you have. The H3R universal mount sounds like a good base, but the quick release seems to be proprietary (from what I read) and probably won’t fit my extinguisher. Can anyone that has been in this situation share what they used for the quick release portion? @Markuson it sounds like you may have done this?
Hey Charlie. I have the H3R base but am using the standard clamp that comes with the smaller extinguisher (not the quick release version that others have with the red “pull here” tab). This standard clamp mounts to the base that the quick release mount connects to. There are lots of options to put bolts on the base so decent chance yours will work. I have the H3R 1.4lb Hal Guard. I don’t think they make the quick release mount for this smaller extinguisher, but I know they make it for the 2.5lb Hal Guard. Attached is the picture in my 2018 LC. I must say the base was super easy to install and I like the idea of having Hal guard up front since it doesn’t leave a residue when used. Hope that helps.

3AD9DDA5-78EB-4E26-9EA0-FB599E813402.jpeg

Unfortunately my hardware store special ABC extinguisher came with a plastic mount. :(

Unfortunately my hardware store special ABC extinguisher came with a plastic mount. :(
Yeah I would recommend metal mount. I really like the Halguard but it’s spendy. They are rechargeable so over time they do make up for some of the cost. Good luck!

Thanks. Maybe the smart move is to also upgrade my extinguisher to one with a metal mount and leave this one in the kitchen.

You can get a basic metal mount from most manufacturers, just tell them you need a vehicle mount

Anyone had any experience with these?

Ok I'm gonna need a part number for that. How does it attach?
I'll see what I can do. I've got an extinguisher on in my rental Toyota Fortuner as well.

By the looks of it, should just bolt right into the floor.

I’m looking to go this way soon. I’ve just seen their promo videos online (jay’s garage, etc). Looks like a solid innovation to me. Have you found a mounting solution?

I'll see what I can do. I've got an extinguisher on in my rental Toyota Fortuner as well.

By the looks of it, should just bolt right into the floor.
Sidetrack (sorry): Where are you that you can rent a Fortuner? And how do you like it?

Sidetrack (sorry): Where are you that you can rent a Fortuner? And how do you like it?
I'm in Abu Dhabi UAE for work. The fortuners we have as rentals are all 4 cylinder and the engine is gutless. I'd say it probably goes 0-60 in about 15 seconds max. Suspension is horrible, fees like I've got zero dampening going over speed bumps, etc.

The good is that it comes with 2H, 4H, and 4L modes. Locking center diff. 3 rows of seats where the 3rd row folds up like a 200 or 100 Series.

It's about the size of the Rav4, but if you put a 2" lift kit on the Rav4.

Oh and it gets horrible gas mileage for the size. I'd say no more than 15mpg. But here in Abu Dhabi a lot of the roads I travel the speed limit is 85 to 100 mph speed limit. I'm running at 4200 RPM at that speed and out of gears. But my work pays for gas so not my problem.

No experience but I do have a couple of them . I hope to never have to use them.

Ok I'm gonna need a part number for that. How does it attach?
Good idea why not shared the part number ? Thanks
So there are apparently two different fire extinguisher mounting options. Neither available for purchase. Both mount to the floor with what look like self tapping bolts.

On the floor directly in front of the passenger seat, part#: febra-lc200-17

Along the transmission hump up in the passenger side footwell, part#: febra-lc2vx-18 (see attached pictures). This version is used on the LX570 as well.

The Toyota parts center here in Abu Dhabi told me the parts aren't for sale individually, it would seem to be a dealer add on. They've put in a request for me to find out how I can get them, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm going to head to the massive junkyard in Sharjah next weekend to see if I can acquire some of these mounts. Maybe I'll bring them back to the states and attempt to have a metal shop reverse engineer them.

094FCADC-FD44-4892-826F-6611C990233E.jpeg

FD6865BA-A60E-4C6A-83A9-3BDCE3B1093B.jpeg

I looked at these and there are about 3-4 competitors. The handicap seems to be they are not UL listed which iis required by some groups. The UL listing problem appears to be that they have no gauge. so there is no way to tell if they have lost pressure

I looked at these and there are about 3-4 competitors. The handicap seems to be they are not UL listed which iis required by some groups. The UL listing problem appears to be that they have no gauge. so there is no way to tell if they have lost pressure
The group I’ve been doing training with requires a 2.5 lb or larger ABC rated extinguisher. That being said, nothing says I couldn’t also have one (or more) of these Element extinguishers in addition to the traditional type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom