FINALLY. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The outsides have minimal surface rust that will be a snap to wire-wheel right up. The insides are excellent and the shafts are in good shape. The one is wrapped because it was quite greasy and dirty. I've got finals week after this coming week so I might not get much done on it--not to mention the fact that it only gets to around ~30* F here in the day and there's no heater in the shop yet... :-\ But Mike B may have his hands on one that will work PLENTY swell for that! ;) Stayed tuned.

:cheers:,
-Ferg-

Congrats, Ben!

Do I see 2 rear FF axles? Are you building a 6x6? :D

Looks like you will need some longer splined axle shafts.

Dave

nice man. I cant wait to see the finished product really gettin it on the trails. :D

[quote author=theferg link=board=1;threadid=8151;start=msg68981#msg68981 date=1070075630]
The outsides have minimal surface rust that will be a snap to wire-wheel right up. The insides are excellent and the shafts are in good shape. The one is wrapped because it was quite greasy and dirty. I've got finals week after this coming week so I might not get much done on it--not to mention the fact that it only gets to around ~30* F here in the day and there's no heater in the shop yet... :-\ But Mike B may have his hands on one that will work PLENTY swell for that! ;) Stayed tuned.

:cheers:,
-Ferg-
[/quote]

BLING BLING the second ones was made with the pumkin on the wronge side ..... i'll send a pallet for it ::)

[quote author=beanz2 link=board=1;threadid=8151;start=msg69373#msg69373 date=1070222322]
Congrats, Ben!

Dave
[/quote]

Nope, no 6x6, the other one is mine. I am going to put it under my 40 when I find a 60 front axle to match.

[quote author=kling-on link=board=1;threadid=8151;start=msg69412#msg69412 date=1070234777]
BLING BLING the second ones was made with the pumkin on the wronge side ..... i'll send a pallet for it ::)
[/quote]

That one's Mike's... :D

-Ferg-

[quote author=beanz2 link=board=1;threadid=8151;start=msg69373#msg69373 date=1070222322]
Congrats, Ben!

Dave
[/quote]

Thanks! As to the longer splined axles: Mike aint' sure what he's runnin' in there for a locker yet... ::) And I got mine for it MONTHS ago from Cruiserdan for a smokin' deal.

-Ferg-

(Sorry the pic is a little fuzzy, but it's for sure for real.)

Hey Ferg or Cruiserdan..

What is the part# for the axle seal and for the retainer seal?

Thanks in advance... :D

Only seal part number I have is the one that Cruiserdan said was for the long spline shaft... It's #90310-36003. It looks to be the axle seal. Not sure about the retainer seal... And IIRC, Cruiserdan said that the non long-splined shafts take a different seal... ???

Cruiserdan, you around? Looks like we need part numbers for axle seals and retainer seals for our full-float rear axle assemblies... Can you help us out? Nobody else needs the long-spline stuff (I think), but it looks like a bunch of us need them for the non long-spline assemblies. Oh, and how much, 'cause I'll just be gettin' 'em from you anyways...

-Ferg-

Gummer,

You'd be amazed at what I can pull ou.............Oh never mind :flipoff2:

Ben, I was beginning to wonder if they would ever show up. :rolleyes: EXCELENT....... :cheers:

D-

Hmmm, I doubt if the long spline shaft takes a different seal. I just did the same conversion last week. The axle shaft seal is 90310-35001, for the oil seal (the part that is bolted on the axle housing, its seal rides on the hub) is 90313-93001, and for the hub seal (fits inside the hub the seal rides on the spindle) is 90311-62001

(just to save cruiserdan some time)
Dave

Dave,

The axle shaft seal used depends on the shaft. The original shafts had a 35 mm sealing surface, the replacement shafts now in the supply line have a 36 mm sealing surface. Hence Ben's number 90310-36003 vs your number 90310-35001.

As Ben got a later replacement shaft he also got the larger seal.

Cheers, D-

Ahh, I get it. So the reason Ben is running the 36mm seal is because his long spline axle is the later version! He still has to run the 35mm seal on the other side not because the long splined axle necessarily requires the 36 mm seal, but because his axle is newer.

Both of my axles are 35mm.

Dave

Ben,

Congrats on finally gettin your f/f. It may have taken a while but rest assured it will be worth it.
They are all we can get, and I would not wan't it any other way.

[quote author=theferg link=board=1;threadid=8151;start=msg68977#msg68977 date=1070075388]
I don't think words can describe how F'ing excited I am right now... :cheers:
[/quote]

FF is F'ing cool! Local jeepers drooled over it.

Now the uncool things: I need a set of spared pre '79 FJ40/45 FF inner axles, if you can help please let me know. Thx.

/td

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom