FINALLY. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And anyone know what this is? Gregory's manual is the only place I could find it and they call it a plate... It bolts in front of the backing to hold it on. I am wondering if it's the same on FF and SF. I've never taken a SF all the way apart yet... Anybody know? Also, how bad is it if the rubber area is a little damaged? I really want to just replace it and be done with it, but if it is fine, then I won't worry about it.

-Ferg-

That's the second seal on my list, 90313-93001. Not used on SF axles. It's should be about $12-15 each from the dealer (it's a US part but probably not stocked at the dealer). I recommend if you are that far into the axle, you might as well as spend an extra $20-$30 to replace them.

Dave

I thought it looked like a seal, but wasn't sure. I'm definitely repacing all the consumable (for lack of a better word) items on this sucker... Thanks again Dave. Now... 1-800-432..... :D

-Ferg-

[quote author=theferg link=board=1;threadid=8151;start=msg70045#msg70045 date=1070348343]
And anyone know what this is?
-Ferg-
[/quote]

The fax retainer seal, basically keeps debris and water from between the axle and the hub..... :D

SF don't have one... no hub...

Very similar to the front with the exception of the bolt pattern... :D

The hubs got a good sand-blasting about a week ago--I forgot to get a pic of how they looked right after--sorry. :whoops: They looked sweet though. Cody M (CruiserGreen) works at a joint that has a small sand blaster that fits anything smaller than about 3 cubic feet so he hooked me up. Thanks again Cody. So anyway, been waitin' for some warm weather to be able to paint them 'cause my 1941 garage that may as well be a shed has no heat and Mike B hasn't got heat in his shop yet and the high temp around here being about 30* F....so, with the Mrs. gone for the weekend, I took advantage of the nice warm weather inside our office and gave the hubs a nice good acetone cleaning and then a good covering of Chassis Saver paint by Magnet Paints. We'll see how it holds up. Looks good though. Actaully kinda reminds me of POR-15. Hopefully I have better luck with this stuff though ::) . Here's a couple pics...

-Ferg-

My wife is giving me flack now cause you put news paper under your goods. I just put them on my coffee table that I had forever and used to build my motorcycle racing engines on. Thanks dude. Now I'll never get away with that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom