Finally!!!! Saginaw PS pump conversion kit for FJ60s!!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also think there is other information on pg 7. Believe main one is a 80s Volvo 270. Georg confirmed a few pages back though for sure.
Pretty sure that is what I have. Pulley is large tho so my belt and my upper rad hose are quite close. And the reservoir is stupidly attached by a screw to the air horn. I have been thinking about trying to modify this as with the way its piped together I can't fit in a cold intake hose. Super ugly too.

@82cruiser
x2 on OS' above post. Also what size tires you are trying to turn with the new hydraulics.

Let us know how the new pump feels compared to your old oem while driving the car. Parking it etc. Impressions.
Thanks.

Like buttah! It's noticeably easier to turn driving and parking the 40. Should have done this a long time ago. Looking forward to having more oomph in the rocks.

36"x12.5x15 TSL radials.
Big ones. Ill never run anything that big. What year 40 did you install it on? I'm thinking on an 84 60. How did all the hydraulic fittings match up? I'm hoping for the mod on the OEM Bracket tab, then bolt it on and hook it up. Bleed as per FSM and go. maybe a new different size belt?

Rebuilt my Toyota pump and the damn thing is leaking again. Will be putting this pump on. Thanks Georg for all the hard work that you put into this bracket and tech.

Just ordered my bracket yesterday :bounce:

More kits shipped out this week!!!!

Thanks for the continued support everybody, we appreciate it!!!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Getting close on the installation, have all the parts except one. I picked up a pump today from Advance Auto, will post part number later, and it lacks a bolt for the pulley.

Anyone know the size of the bolt to mount the pulley?

It's a press-on pulley; doesn't utilize a bolt!

Please refer to the install pics earlier in this thread. It should answer most of your questions.

And use the proper install tool to install the pulley or you'll damage the pump!!!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Ive been running my new pump for a few weeks now works great. I didn't follow the pictures and all in the thread so I ran into some install issues, but George was extremely helpful walking me through stuff. I notice a more responsive and easier start of the motor which is nice, Also Im running 33" 10.5 tires and turns easier and with ease. One Cut of the bracket and minor grinding, had the pump fitting like a charm.

One thing I say is screw that rear bolt coming out of the stock pump loosen it as much as you can then cut the damn thing with a metal saw. After 4 hours trying to get it out removing different things I cut it off in 5 minutes and went a lot easier. You wont need the bolt putting the new pump back in.

Have had the parts since October and finally got around to installing. I used a pump from Adavance Autoparts, part # 20-7920F.
How did you press on the pulley and did the stock output and return lines thread right in without mods?

How did you press on the pulley and did the stock output and return lines thread right in without mods?

I pressed on the pulley with a $20 Harbor Freight pulley installer/puller kit. For the bracket I only had to cut off the rear mounting ear.

If I were to do it again I would:
1. Mount pump to bracket
2. Place pump and bracket in freezer overnight
3. Heat pulley in oven to 300-350 (?) prior to installation
4. Install pulley on pump expecting temperature differential to allow pulley to go on easily.

This pump has a 16 x 1.5 metric fitting and the stock output line aligned and fit properly into the pump.

I haven't driven the 60 yet but I have run the engine enough to fill and bleed the PS system. No leaks.

I pressed on the pulley with a $20 Harbor Freight pulley installer/puller kit. For the bracket I only had to cut off the rear mounting ear.

If I were to do it again I would:
1. Mount pump to bracket
2. Place pump and bracket in freezer overnight
3. Heat pulley in oven to 300-350 (?) prior to installation
4. Install pulley on pump expecting temperature differential to allow pulley to go on easily.

This pump has a 16 x 1.5 metric fitting and the stock output line aligned and fit properly into the pump.

I haven't driven the 60 yet but I have run the engine enough to fill and bleed the PS system. No leaks.
Thanks Godwin. Let us know how it performs for you. We all appreciate your input here as you have certainly been around the block with 60's. I like your herp posts too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom