Finally!!!! Saginaw PS pump conversion kit for FJ60s!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad you posted this. I saw the o ring in my pump box and wondered what it was for. Like you said, these fittings don’t usually have them. I’ll need to go back and install.

The o-ring is DEFINITELY NOT for the power steering hoses. Otherwise would supply them with the kit AND mention them in the instructions on this thread!!!!!

Some of the pumps come with extra o-rings for the inside ( in the pump ) portion of the high pressure fitting or the threaded hole in the pump.

Throw that o-ring in the trash ……..

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

@orangefj45 is there a better belt than the Duralast 17620 for this kit? I put new belts in the truck about 4k miles ago as PM and saved the old belts. This duralast belt is already noisy and looks worn with a small fray in one spot. I put my old belt back in which says "Premium Top-Cord 17620" and it's quiet for now.

@orangefj45 is there a better belt than the Duralast 17620 for this kit? I put new belts in the truck about 4k miles ago as PM and saved the old belts. This duralast belt is already noisy and looks worn with a small fray in one spot. I put my old belt back in which says "Premium Top-Cord 17620" and it's quiet for now.
If the new belt is frayed then it was either damaged during installation or one of your pulleys has a defect.
We’ve been producing these kits and running these exact belts for ten years now without issues/complaints.
But I’ll be more than happy to look into alternative belts for this setup.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom