Fender's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
I need to replace my rusted fenders. Should I buy the "high quality asian" like from Rocky mountain, SOR, Cool Cruisers? Thanks guys!!! btw, '77 FJ40

http://www.coolcruisers.com has them at $270 a pair, which isn't bad...occasionally you see them ~$99 each tho, so watching for specials is a good plan.

Not sure on quality tho, I know these are not Toyota originals, so fit will be workable but perhaps not perfect.

oh, and welcome ;)

I've heard that some of the aftermarket fenders can take a bit of drilling and fitting during the install, and that some droop a bit. But there's a big difference in price, so it depends on your needs. If you don't care about possible visual anomalies or are planning to bang em around a lot, then get the aftermarkets. Otherwise, spring for the Toyota fenders if you can afford it.

Bill

Thanks for the replies guys... and the welcome! :-* I've been here for a few months, just took a while to finally register. I love this site, some great people on here that give great advice!!! I'll have to take some pics of my fender's and hopefully you guys can help me out on whether or not I should replace or bondo :-X. I have always wanted an FJ40 and finally bought one from Oklahoma and had it shipped here to Ohio in April. It's nice to have a place to get help, nobody here even knows what an FJ40 is... all I hear is "nice jeep" to which I'm quick to tell them, "It's not a jeep!!!"

If your in a rust prone area, and price is not an issue, you could go aluminium.

I bought my fenders from sor. I was very pleased. installation wasnt to hard, they packaged them very well it huge boxes, shipping was only 45 a piece from Ca, to Va. not bad the seem very nice. only 140 a pice i think. i suggest SOR

I bought a used one from SOR. Mine was in great shape and cost $135. One of the few things I've bought from them that didn't make me feel like I was getting gouged.

Don't have anything to add but thought I would see where you are at in Ohio. Im in Cincinnati and have seen a few around here lately. :cheers:

Hi Chase! We are on opposite ends of the state :( I'm in Euclid, near Cleveland.

Suppose I will Chime in, I am in the middle. Columbus. :beer:

Would some decent used fenders be an option.
I dont have any for a 77 but someone should.

We're not totally alone in Ohio I guess. It would be interesting to see how many of us there actually are. I second the idea of used fenders. I've seen em every now and then in perfect shape you just gotta look. Good luck.

Columbus here

I use the SOR fenders on my Cruisers - 134 bucks each including shipping - some holes need to be enlarged to make installation easier but I'd recommend them - I'd stay away from "used" if you want the paint job to come out nicer. Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom