SOLD Feeler: Metal Tech 100 Series sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BRAND NEW and NEVER INSTALLED.

I bought the Metal Tech sliders on impulse this Black Friday. But now having second thoughts to install them and to do that I will have to remove my AHC.

So seeing if there is somebody interested to get them. I paid $600 + $185 freight.

Willing to let go for $750 net to me + freight. It is still cheaper than what you pay at Metal Tech.

Local pickup is welcome too..

Dont have a lot of history here.. but my feedback on eBay (same user name as ih8mud) is 100%.

Last edited:
Location?

It's simple: Mogoli222 buys sliders at a smoking price of $600, pays $185 shipping. Now he's in it for $785. Suddenly Justin Bieber announces a concert date in his town, priorities change. So he wants to get $750, which is less than retail, but more than he paid, to recoup most of his $$$ and still make the concert.

From Metal Tech, they are $800 plus freight. He bought them during BF for a net of $785.

It'd be a great deal for local pick up: $235 off (since the local would save $50 out right and $185 on freight).

:beer:

Who cares what he is selling them for? If you are interested in paying his $750, great. If not, go buy them from MT. It's not like he is being deceptive about it, he gave full disclosure of what he paid and why he is selling. Seems like an honest seller to me.

Damn anti capitalism occupiers :flipoff2: There's no classified rule against making a profit.

I don't see the problem - he has invested $785 on the sliders so far. he is losing $35 on the sale at $750 and the buyer saves some cash off of retail, especially if they are local.

Your math is incorrect. Let's exclude shipping and take the sale price into account. He bought them for $600 + shipping, and is selling them for $750+shipping. He is actually making $150 off of the sale. We're all here to help each other, not snipe each others money away.

Your math is incorrect. Let's exclude shipping and take the sale price into account. He bought them for $600 + shipping, and is selling them for $750+shipping. He is actually making $150 off of the sale. We're all here to help each other, not snipe each others money away.

Give it another try.. and this time carefully check your math before you respond..

I'm glad I live close to Metal Tech! :beer:

did the sliders already ship to the OP's address?

He's trying to recoup his shipping costs in the sale, that's it. There's no profit. In order to make $150 he'd have to be selling them for $935 + shipping ($785 total spent so far + $150).

Gotta hate impulse buys.

First, I think the seller was upfront about the costs to him. He could have just as easily withheld that information and simply told buyers they would save $50 if they purchased from him. Which they would because the actual selling price, $800, has gone back into effect.

Second, like I said earlier, this is an exceptional deal for a local buyer who wouldn't have to pay freight and would save money outright.

These are my thoughts. I still don't understand why the mods have let this go on... :confused:

Second, like I said earlier, this is an exceptional deal for a local buyer who wouldn't have to pay freight and would save money outright.

Thank you... Just to add, even a buyer who has to get it shipped still saves the $50 compared to buying it from Metal Tech. He has to pay to get it shipped no matter who he buys it from..

Just so we are clear... I am losing $35 here and not actually making money.. Dont see why it is so complicated to understand..

Last edited:
you are losing $35 if someone picks it up local, but you are making $150 if you ship them to someone and charge them shipping.

I dont think you still understand.. what ever the shipping charge is it goes to the freight company.. I dont pocket it..

The only difference between selling locally and having it shipped is the shipping charge that goes to the shipping company..

I think goatbeaver is suggesting he owns the shipping company and has no overhead. Who gives a crap what he paid for them? If he wants to sell them for $10,000 great. If you think that's not a fair price don't buy the damn things.

I have some first class stamps I am selling for $1 each if anyone is interested. $0.44 shipping each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom