Feb Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
??????

Last edited:
couldnt sleep?

If I recall from the last meeting, Skipper & Cathy agreed to host, but I don't recall if it's scheduled for the Friday (2/6) or the Saturday (2/7).

Edit - Shawn's minutes say the meeting is on the Saturday, Feb.7th, and that Mr. Hemphill will be leading the meeting, because Shawn will be at work.

Last edited:
Hi Steve -

I won't be able to make it to the meeting, but I have been e-mailing with Shawn about an item that we should put to a vote of the members who are there. As you know, TLCA sends us 50 copies of Toyota Trails for "free" every issue. There is no additional cost to TLCA to print extra issues (there is a minimum charge for a printing run), so they print more and distribute to the clubs, or keep and sell them later in yearly sets.

Anyway, there's no charge for the magazines, but we do need to pay TLCA for shipping them to us. I checked with the TLCA administrator and we owe them for shipping for 2008. At at minimum, we need to vote on cutting a check to reimburse TLCA for the 2008 shipping costs ($87.96 per year for 6 issues).

I would also recommend continuing the practice and would propose paying for 2009 in advance (another $87.96, or $175.92 total for both years). I would ask that you call for a vote and approve this expenditure from the club account. If the membership approves the expenditure, then Jon can send a check to TLCA. I have previously given him the mailing info, but I will send it again just in case.

Shawn also approves this idea. His thoughts from an e-mail: "it (the proposal) should go to the membership for approval since it's club funds, but that will probably be easy to get. i do agree it's a great way to spend some $, in support of our parent organization."

Also, I would welcome any input into how we distribute these magazines. I typically try to bring some to HDC meetings for potential new members, hand them out around town at the tire store or other places where I'm in my Cruiser, and then take the remainder to Karl Malone Toyota. I've gotten to know the sales force over there, and they hand them out to people buying Toyota 4X4s. If others would like to help distribute them, I'd be happy for the help. Or if people have other good ideas about what to do with them, that would be great to have the discussion.

Sorry to miss the meeting, but thanks for your help with this.

In other TLCA news, the TLCA Board did approve a revised budget that should help to get TLCA's finances back on track. Part of this is having a slightly cheaper version of Trails for the next issue (or more...). Hopefully after one or two of these slimmer versions of the magazine, and some improved recruiting for members, we can get back to the same caliber of quality magazine that we know. The next issue of Trails will have 8 fewer pages (I think 56 instead of 64), will have the stapled binding instead of the "perfect binding" that we have had the last few years, and the cover will be of slightly lighter stock than it has been.

I know this won't be a popular move, but it was necessary to be able to get our TLCA budget back into the black, and hopefully it will only be temporary while we get back on our (financial) feet.

And there's your TLCA report for the month! Have a good meeting, and I'll see you next time.
Evan

I'll work on the website tonight. Steve, I know you are leading. Who is hosting? Skipper? Time?

Information above in the thread. Yep, Skipper's hosting. 6:00 as far as I know...

Just got this from Skipper:

"Yes it is being held at my house - I was going to Mud and request a count but I forgot my password. Remember that short term memory is not the first thing to go, but I forgot what was!

I will get some hamburgers, hot dogs and fixins'. I think Cathy plans to make a salad - you know like rabbit food. I will get the cooler down and have ice."

I almost forget. I'm a maybe. Going to Capitan with a coworker tomorrow and don't know if I will be back in time.

Thanks Evan. If anybody else has anything you can either bring it up here or at the meeting..

thanks Evan. that was the only main issue i wanted to bring up.
for the next meeting, i am good for Feb. 7th. in case of need, i am good for Sunday the 1st or 8th. no good for the 13th or 14th. (14th is Valentine's Day and my anniversary).

Skipper wants a count of who will be there.
For us, Wendy and I.

Mike and Connie will be there.
-Mike-

I'm a strong maybe. Me and my little man that is!
Christi has volleyball tonight at 6:30 so she a no.
I'll bring some goodies as well.

Daisy

I can't make it. Wires got crossed and it appears we have a prior commitment. See you guys at the next meeting!
-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom