FBI Auctions 2 x LC200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One of the local FBI Offices in the mid Atlantic region just auctioned off 2 Land Cruiser 200s. These trucks are typically kept in parking garages or warehouses and used to move individuals covertly around town or to the courthouses. Just happens that one was in a shootout which burned there use and they decided to dump them. I know of a few offices that still have some in inventory.

The specs were:

2008 Black w/ Tan Interior 136k
-Local Toyota dealer service from 0-100k, then FBI garage

2009 Black w/Grey Interior 121k
-No service history
-Multiple bullet holes from recent shootout

Anyone want to GUESS what they brought in todays market?

I’m frankly kind of surprised that they aren’t driving domestic, at least stateside. I know that LCs are common (and pragmatic) choices for the US military abroad but I wouldn’t have guessed they were being used domestically for FBI. Very cool

Not suprised that they had 200s for this given many of the guys who would be driving and/or spec’ing them in the FBI are either marine veterans of AFG or Iraq and know that a 200 saved someone’s (or their) lives. So when they got to pick, they picked what they knew and trusted. The FBI trains with many of the special teams folks on evasive manuever handling at Quantico and elsewhere.

I’ve had a couple of situations where I’ve seen a blacked out 200 drive by and realized it was up-armored. It made me smile…

They sold for 30k & 21k respectively! Just seems crazy when I look back and think I paid 82k for my 21 brand new.

I know of another agency that typically mounts their coms antennas inside of Yakima boxes on the roof of there 200s and usually visits the local preschool and middle school to get large obnoxiously colored my child is a student a “x” school to place on the back as well! :)

They sold for 30k & 21k respectively! Just seems crazy when I look back and think I paid 82k for my 21 brand new.

I know of another agency that typically mounts their coms antennas inside of Yakima boxes on the roof of there 200s and usually visits the local preschool and middle school to get large obnoxiously colored my child is a student a “x” school to place on the back as well! :)
Did the bullet holes increase the value via a cool factor?

U got pics? How bad was the shootout? Was this auctioned off at GSA?

So it was used domestically and not overseas, and shipped back? Were they armored? Theres a 200 series I saw this week for sale in South America that was US Embassy owned. Level 5 armored with the 5.7 with under 70k miles, the price on it was 63k USD.

Last edited:
I don’t have pictures that I can post.

It has shot on the pax side front window, pax side rear quarter, and in the hood.

Was used domestic, non armored.

That’s the first I have ever heard of them auctioning embassy trucks! Typically they will take them out and demo them to better understand the armor & destroy them at the same time. I’ve see 3 different embassy’s that have followed the trucks out to the scrapyard and made sure the vehicle was in 3 pieces before they left. Sounds like some policy change has happened. O’Hara Hess Eisenhardt was the upfitter for most of the DSS truck sent overseas.

Ha found em both.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 153946.png

Screenshot 2022-01-28 154020.png

Screenshot 2022-01-28 154036.png

Screenshot 2022-01-28 154108.png

Screenshot 2022-01-28 154122.png

Screenshot 2022-01-28 154138.png

$21k is crazy money for a salvage shot up 200 series.

Perfect! Those show the damage! Just a different set of photos then I had lol

$21k is crazy money for a salvage shot up 200 series.

If the drivetrain is still good, it's probably worth quite a bit more than $21k parted out.

Love the descriptions. "holes" and "missing/cracked" glass. :rofl:

Shoot. Next the LX will fall out of favor with FBI for safe passage and the crooks will be on to me.

30k for 2008 is probably about right, actually. Maybe a little low considering mileage, but in the right range.

I would have thought $34-36k for the LC, especially given the service history with Toyota.

The days of $82k brand new LC's are gone. They're now $120k with 100k miles and a few bullet holes 🤣
12,5k$ for a 300k km 2008 🙌 here. But ok the car was from a friend and optically totaly ****ed.

12,5k$ for a 300k km 2008 🙌 here. But ok the car was from a friend and optically totaly f***ed.
Was there an additional arrangement with the friend for "benefits" after the sale? 😄 That a hell of a score, congrats! Probably worth at least double that on the open market.. at least in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom