Farewell to 4XSteve Dinner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are on 75 our ETA is 7:15.

Do we have reservations or we just gonna ask for a big table ? It's me and lee.

Sent from my iPhone 60' up in a lift
Dunno, but take your time; I'm still in Alabama. ETA ~8:00

Works for me. I have to go get your boxes. :hillbilly:

Hopefully I can convince John, Nick or someone else coming tomorrow to grab the boxes since I'm not going to have a vehicle tonight.

IH8MUD on Android

Well I'm gonna be there at 7ish... If I'm the first 1 there I have no problem asking for a big table and waiting on y'all???

Well I'm gonna be there at 7ish... If I'm the first 1 there I have no problem asking for a big table and waiting on y'all??? Sent from my iPhone 60' up in a lift

Yeah do that. Go ahead and start sampling beers for us too. :beer:

Hate we couldn't make it down. Work has been a real B this week and I gotta work this weekend to finish up an engineering report.

You guys make sure to send Steve off with a bang. Have a beer for me. Be safe.

We are here. Got a table reserved in a bit. We will be at bar or outside on porch right now.

We are here. Got a table reserved in a bit. We will be at bar or outside on porch right now.

CID has it covered we are on Roswell rd

I'm running a bit late. I'm having to pull some daddy duty for a bit. I'll leave here by 8 or so and I'm only about 10-15 min away.

Here is a picture of going away party for Steve !! We all had a great time. We all wish Steve the best on his new assignment.

image-2543154065.jpg

Here is a picture of going away party for Steve !! We all had a great time. We all wish Steve the best on his new assignment.
That's one Motley Crüe!!! Good luck Steve. I guess we actually said our goodbyes when you were at the house last month. Be safe Broham.....

Sorry we missed it. :(
We had really intended to make it but I ended up getting called out about 6. Cool so many made it! Good luck out West Steve. I will keep an eye out for you on trail!

Heifer-net

Good luck Steve with your new posting... I'm sure there will be all kinds of new places to explore out on the north west coast...

Bye Steve remember to keep that passenger seat open for me on the Rubicon and Magrew(?) Trail rides!!!

We couldn't make it, My son is back in Kennestone Hospital with some serious infection in his surgical site! Pray for us.

Steve,
Be seeing you later I'm sure, Enjoyed the Wheeling, Camping and Campfire BSing. enjoy the PNW. Good Luck to you and Travel well my friend.
:beer:

Bye Steve remember to keep that passenger seat open for me on the Rubicon and Magrew(?) Trail rides!!!

We couldn't make it, My son is back in Kennestone Hospital with some serious infection in his surgical site! Pray for us.

Prayers to your family Henry. Hope all goes well.
:beer:

Thanks to everyone who came out, especially those who had to make a trek to get there. And to those who couldn't make it, thanks for the well-wishes.

Thanks to Sam Stewart for the moving boxes; Hopefully that's a win-win for us both.

Thanks to all involved with my gift. I'll do what I can with it (them).

Special thanks to John for giving up this Saturday, and many previous ones, to sacrifice his time and open his business doors for working on my big rig. Safe to say that, without his equipment and wide selection of materials, this project would not have gone anywhere near as good as it did.

Thanks also to Nick and Tom for their assitance. And thanks to Miranda and little Sam for giving up their day to allow Nick to assist us.

See y'all on the trails!

Hopefully I will see you soon! Good luck on the drive and maybe we can convenience most/some to come out and see us soon for a big event; for me at least if I'm lucky. Either way we will hit up an event soon enough. I miss rides at the Cove and Windrock either way we hopefully will do it again soon.

IMG_0528_zps92b7cbfc.jpg

IMG_0448_zps0d9618ab.jpg

Explanation to follow.

offset rear ds.jpg

Okay, so the reason for the above picture...

I don't recall how many took part in my attempt at explaining rear driveshaft geometry near the end of the evening of my going away party, but this is just a continuation of that. I know John and Sid come to mind as participants, possibly just because they were the biggest opposition to the point I was trying to make.

For a quick recap, the point I was trying to make is that driveshafts do not have to be "straight" as seen from the t-case output to the pinion input. Essentially, driveshafts are always "straight". Given the angles of the joints don't change, the direction that the tube "points" has no bearing on anything unless you want to add the fractional factors of gravity and gyroscopic forces in. The driveshaft really only has two-dimensional movement if you think about it, so how it rests in relation to the frame, body, suspension or axles is irrelevant.... again though, given the joint angles stay the same.

The above picture shows how this truck has a pretty good sideways angle on the rear d-shaft. And I would put money that says this guy is running some pretty high HP along with some pretty serious RPMs on that shaft. If there are any more arguments about why this setup SHOULDN'T work, I think rotational speed and horsepower are clearly debunked and invalidated as reasons. If there are any good reasons that don't involve U-joint angles, I'd love to hear them.

hmm, noting really to add other than it reminds me of a video I once saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom