Updates on the Presidents 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.gacruisers.com
Since everyone seems to think we never post anything on our forum I figured that I would give you guys some updates on what I have been doing to my 40.

I guess I should start with some before pictures even though it won't look much different after I'm done but yea never know. Everyone likes pics always right?
GSMTR074.jpg

GSMTR075.jpg

It started with just some maintenance and turned into pulling everything apart. I pulled the motor, transmission, and transfer case out to fix a leak in the timing cover gasket and put new bolts in my transfer case adapter. I sheared half the bolts off in my adapter because both of my motor mounts were broke in half (which I didn't know they were broken until I pulled the motor). Don't mind me looking stupid next to my truck.
Joshsrebuild2008004.jpg

After fixing the bolts and leak I decided to cut out the rear fenders to give some more room for my new tires that were rubbing hard on the rear fender wells.
Joshsrebuild200802.jpg

Joshsrebuild200803.jpg

Last edited:
We had a couple of pieces of 10 gauge galvanized steel bend up and welded in. I still need to hit it was some herculiner. I think it turned out pretty good and gave me a lot more room so I can take out my bump stop extensions.

Joshsrebuild2008006.jpg

Joshsrebuild2008007.jpg

Joshsrebuild2008005.jpg

Last edited:
Now for the fun part of building my new cage. I was getting alittle tired of my old cage because it seemed to get hung up by my rear of the cage. I also got 100 feet of 2'' HREW tube for christmas so I firgured that this would be a good time to finish it up. I still need to finish up a few things on it such as the seat cradle, tube from the A to B Pillar, and gussets. Hopefully I will have it done by the 15th so I can ride with everyone at Ralph's.
cage002.jpg

cage001.jpg

cage018.jpg

cage017.jpg

cage016.jpg

cage019.jpg

Let me know what you guys think or come over to my house and help that would be great too.

Last edited:
Josh, if you need a hand let me know. My welding skills lack but I can turn a wrench.

Thanks for the offer Mike but I got pretty much everything done yesterday. I still need to bolt it in the truck for the ride this weekend but it’s finished and painted. Too bad I didn’t take any more pictures of it finished.

Josh man that looks really :smokin: Why you been hidin those monsta fab skillz? :grinpimp: Tube fitment, design & structural stability looks top "notch"! What are the new tires gonna be? I'd cycle the rear suspension to make sure the tires don't rub the raised fenderwells. Maybe this post will inspire other club members to share their upgrades ;p

The "new" tires are the same tires that I had before (35" bfgs). They still seem new to me even though I have had them for almost a year. I'm guessing they will rub the inside before they get anywhere near the top if that makes sense.

I still need to finish up the frame tie ins but I doubt that they will be finished before this weekend. Everyone should come up to Ralph's for the clean up/ trail ride this weekend. An email will be sent out later with all the details to all the club members.

Great job Josh!...I mean Mr. President ;)

That roll cage looks sweet, can't wait to see it roll(oops):rolleyes:

See you Saturday.

Less words...more pictures. Looks great, though.

Wait...there's a ride at Ralph's this weekend? I haven't even started my FJ40 since the last time I was at Ralph's. :eek:

Much better. I'm assuming that the exhaust isn't rubbing anymore either.

I may be bugging you for a little assistance on mine once I quit traveling and can get the springs built.

Great job Josh!...I mean Mr. President ;)

That roll cage looks sweet, can't wait to see it roll(oops):rolleyes:

See you Saturday.

Don't worry I'll try my hardest to roll it this weekend.

Less words...more pictures. Looks great, though.

Wait...there's a ride at Ralph's this weekend? I haven't even started my FJ40 since the last time I was at Ralph's. :eek:

Come to Ralph's this weekend your cruiser can just sit around forever.

Much better. I'm assuming that the exhaust isn't rubbing anymore either.

I may be bugging you for a little assistance on mine once I quit traveling and can get the springs built.

Umm I haven't really messed with the exhaust so i'm sure that it still rubs... just think of it as I am heating up my drivers rear tire to make it sticky.

Hey Josh, it's looking good! Think you can still stall it out in the tank traps? Might as well try...make it a tradition at Ralph's!

i never get stuck at ralph's.:doh:
ralphs7212007025.jpg

Last edited:
Well I pulled it out for final welding.
cage1001.jpg

cage1002.jpg

An my dad thought it was funny with me driving around sitting on a step stool but it needed a drive.
cage1004.jpg

Final welding and its first roll.
cage1006.jpg

cage1007.jpg

Last edited:
And all painted up with the seats in.
cage1009.jpg

cage1010.jpg

cage1011.jpg

Pretty much done or atleast done enough to ride this weekend.
cage2001.jpg

cage2004.jpg

cage2008.jpg

I'm surprised I finished in time and hope it doesn't rain this weekend.

Last edited:
Damn Josh, you are fast! Don't you work or something? AMAZING. I hope to see your handywork this weekend. I can't really ride...or work...or do much other than waddle around at this point. But we're thinking about coming up for moral support!

Hope to see you on Saturday Heather. The work day may be postponed until next Saturday but I am still planning to ride this weekend. Rain may make Ralph's place a little challenging.

Hope to see you on Saturday Heather. The work day may be postponed until next Saturday but I am still planning to ride this weekend. Rain may make Ralph's place a little challenging.

I'll be there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom