FAQ Submission Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Service Intervals/Schedules, ie: 3vze timing belt, pita hose, etc would be nice.

IIRC the belt is every 60-70k??

Last edited:
EFI Sensors on the 22RE

I bought a really nifty Toyota-published book on eBay the other day, an old Technician's training manual called "EFI and Engine Control Systems". It has a lot of neat history and detailed info on the original EFI systems that a lot of us are still using, it was published in 1986. This diagram was in there, I thought it was useful so I scanned it.

I also got a Brakes manual of the same era, lots of technical stuff on brakes and the LSPV.

Attachments

• 22RE-EFISensors.pdf
    24.3 KB · Views: 494
Just in time for the Rainy Season! Make your own Windshield Water Repellent!

Instructions
Things You'll Need

* Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol)
* Filtered water
* Measuring cup
* Spray bottle
* Rag
* 100 ml graduated cylinder
* Ethanol
* Silicone oil or castor oil
* Graduated cylinder

~Simple Solution:
Pour half a cup of rubbing alcohol into the measuring cup. Pour this into the spray bottle. Measure out 1 cup of filtered water and add this to the spray bottle. Swirl the bottle to mix the two ingredients.

**The bottle will feel warm, but not hot. Wait until it cools before putting on the cap.

LABEL YOUR BOTTLE!

Spray the solution onto the exterior of a clean and dry windshield. Use a clean and dry rag to wipe the windshield until it is thoroughly dry.

*******************************************************************************************************

First a WARNING/ADVISORY!

Use a clean spray bottle! Don't attempt to add to the solution from Step 1 or even reuse the bottle. Swirl the bottle to mix the ingredients.

~Solution Similar to Store-Bought Windshield Water Repellent: Measure 86 ml of the ethanol into the graduated cylinder. Pour this into the spray bottle. Measure 5 ml of rubbing alcohol and pour this into the spray bottle. Measure 9 ml of silicone oil or castor oil in the graduated cylinder and add this to the spray bottle. Swirl the bottle to mix the ingredients.

**The bottle will feel warm, but not hot. Wait until it cools before putting on the cap.

LABEL YOUR BOTTLE!

Spray the solution onto the exterior of a clean and dry windshield. Use a clean and dry rag to wipe the windshield until it is thoroughly dry.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't have anything specific to post but I have access to Toyota's online repair manual for 1990+. If anyone has a specific request I could probably dig up a .pdf :meh:

Here are the part numbers for all the different ECU's that Toyota put in 85-95 truck and 4 runners.

http://api.***.com/api/click?format=go&key=a5e11b5075b509bfc2570af7b6e5b404&loc=%2Ff120%2F87-22re-ecu-214202%2F&v=1&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&libid=1364449733000&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4crawler.com%2F4x4%2FImages%2F22RE-ECU-Table.gif&title=87%2022re%20ECU%20-%20YotaTech%20Forums&txt=&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13644498154362

A fun fact I would like to share:
I bought a 1986 Toyota Pickup 4X4 with a 22re blown head gasket, replaced everything but the timing chain cover.
- New head
- Water pump, oil pump and timing chain kit

At first startup after the install it was losing coolant and my oil was “milkey” again???
Headgasket blown again after rebuild?

I did a coolant pressure test and it couldn’t even hold pressure?
So what was the culprit?

The old timing chain plastic guide broke and the chain dug into the timing chain cover creating a passage from coolant to engine oil (crack was behind the water pump housing)

I replaced the timing chain cover & metal guides, so far so good.

So if you ever see a broken plastic guides on 22re replace them ASAP and if you see the timing chain cover scored from the chain, throw it away and replace it with a new one. I made a mistake assuming it was a blown Headgasket but in reality it was just the timing chain cover.

Best regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom