FAQ Submission Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The FAQ needs a section on diagnosing various problems. I know to go to the FSM for my truck first, but many don't. Also some stuff isn't covered by the FSM.

Automatic-to-Manual conversion +auto tranny info

Maybe a thread for the auto to manual conversion and automatics in general....maybe which ones will interchange and etc

Automatic to manual transmission swap.

Keeping the cruise control active with the auto to manual transmission swap.

3623348016_99ea2d453e_m.jpg

3623390902_d9c4f9f57b_m.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Links are bad...

They work now, maybe they got locked out at somepoint, pm me if they don't work and I'll explain what might be up with that issue. :D

*Where'd the how-to on switching to manual hubs from ADD go? (Where you pull out the plate, throw on a hose clamp after moving the fork, and reattach and use Aisins?)

*Did it include that you can simply pull the whole left driveshaft and find an earlier non ADD and goto town like I did?

Last edited:
Where can I do with my Inclinometer?

RE: https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyo...-parked-my-free-85-4runner-2.html#post4847342

RE: https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyo...en-parked-my-free-85-4runner.html#post4810982

OK, just to be clear, I did not do this myself, it was given to me by a really cool guy and I'm not sure, but I think in regards to people's interest, yes it is possible we could figure out between all of us here how to get the images we want.

attachment.php

Why? Well, you'd be surprised how many people are just going ahead and grabbing the Tercel/Corolla Wagon Inclinometers and runnin them. I would love to run my vehicle's image in the window..

So here's what I want/need..

Images, good, high resolution, full size, minimum 6 mega pixel shots of your factory 4Runner or Truck Inclinometer to get help in converting it to a new image. I will say we're all a community enough to share and the karma here will be repaid in your helping and having access to this stuff for all of your frinds and yourself if you ever decide to restore or replace an inclinometer. :clap:

Last edited:
What's the point of an inclinometer? Bling factor? They really don't do anything for actual wheeling other than occupy valuable dash space.

What, no suggestions... I covered everything then? :D

Hee-hee..see what you get for asking open ended questions man? :lol:

Seriously I have never used one myself, usually a wheel lift is enough of an indication, but like he said, it does help with passengers understanding "pucker factor" and also, honestly, although not a replacement for experience and training, amateur wheelers should have them.

Besides, I am kind of tired of people asking for the stuff and my not having something to offer them.

Last edited:
Here's another one for the FAQ..

Why is this hobby so addicting and yet so expensive? :lol:

:hillbilly:
[/Me being lame]

Seriously though, FYI, on a Manual hub conversion, or factory manual hub setup, since I just finished helping fix someone else's vehicle that had also been converted in a similar fashion as mine has (ADD front to Manual), the front driveshafts on the 92-95 4Runners use both the spring-clip and spacer (toothed thrust washer) as well as the 12mm bolt and brass washer combination.

The Spring clip and spacer dictate driveshaft freeplay while the bolt and brass washer (also a thrust washer setup) become a safety redundancy in the event of excess wear/play in the driveshaft, or possible failure of the spring clip under heavy articulation.

Use both and you'll be happier in the long term. :D If you forgo the spring clip and spacer, you get a driveshaft clunk as the shaft tends to excessively move into the brass spindle bushings and can wear them out quicker.

Last edited:
Newest style locking hub stud kit (*no longer cadmium coated, now black like on the FJ-C, 4Runner, etc.)
~Part#(43421).. 90116-08325

3VZE Non-Asbestos Style Exhaust Donuts (*go fore and aft of the Catalytic Converter)
~Part#(17451).. 90917-06041

FJ-C Rear Coils to use in combination with 1" SDORI/4Crawler Balljoint spacers for a 2" suspension lift. Setup and Final Measurements.
~Part#'s were: (48231A and B) 48231-35320 and 48231-35321, now just replaced by Part#(48231) 48231-35321

**I'll edit in some other stuff like the exterior door-sill/window wiper pieces and other stuff i have had to deal with this past year in a day or so. :cheers:

Last edited:
*Note: Your 4Runner may not necessarily have the rearmost nut assembly in the floorboard from the factory. In such a case, you will need to drop whatever is directly underneath that location, IE: Spare Tire, Spare GasTank, whatever, to have safe clearance to drill the hole necessary. You will then need to use a heavy duty, oversized body washer and a nylock nut and red threadlock to safely secure everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom