Fake mileage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do LC100's have a way to prevent false mileage readings?

Are there multiple spots to check readings for other than the odometer.. and what stops the owner from bumping 5k back every 10k driven when doing 10k maintennace (just every "5k").

A 200k mile truck can technically have 100k miles and be "ok" maintained. I'd want to avoid this when looking for a used LC to purchase.

No way to tell, apart from buying a car with a good (toyota/lexus) service history that shows consistent/believable mileage over the years.

The only place mileage is stored is on an eeprom in the cluster. It can be changed fairly easily for someone that knows what they're doing, but not really a DIY thing.

I thought this was a political thread !!!!!

With these vehicles we speak of...the LC and the LX, the odometer is just about the least important factor when assessing the present and future quality of the vehicle at hand. However, I guess it could be important from a legal standpoint regarding transferring the title perhaps but even then at a certain mileage it becomes exempt on the title.

I think it is very important. A 100k mile gearbox, transfer case, differential(s) are not in the same shape as a 2-300k mile one, even if it got all the service down the road. So it should be BOTH low mileage and BOTH well maintained.

Good service records are the best you can hope for; mileage roll back is certainly possible, but I’m not convinced it’s a widespread problem.

A 100k mile gearbox, transfer case, differential(s) are not in the same shape as a 2-300k mile one, even if it got all the service down the road.

Perhaps, but I have never seen, much difference, if any, in 100k and 2-300k miles regarding many aspects of the LC/LX including the items you mentioned. That is precisely why low mileage LC/LXs are overpriced and overrated for the lack of actual realized results. However, I am not talking about crawling rocks and other non-designed uses. Those uses are designed to destroy items the LC/LX are not designed to do.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but I have never seen. much difference, if any, in 100k and 2-300k miles regarding many aspects of the LC/LX including the items you mentioned. That is precisely why low mileage LC/LXs are overpriced and overrated for the lack of actual realized results. However, I am not talking about crawling rocks and other non-designed uses. Those uses are designed to destroy items the LC/LX are not designed to do.
0UDvsbG.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom