Extended shackles USA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Matt,

My good buddy @ukaviator Sent me a link to these, and I am wondering if there are any distributors in the US that sell a similar extended shackle for our trucks…

I hope everybody has a great Saturday!

@Tennessee80 Joel, I've got these same extended shackles on my 60 from JT Outfitters.

I would call them and see if they have them in stock first. When I ordered mine, I didn't find out they were back ordered until after the fact and they took several weeks to come in.

@Bama4door I’m looking at them for the front. Since I already have a lift, Will this add another inch? Looking for a leveling....

Did you buy new bushings at the same time?

@Bama4door I’m looking at them for the front. Since I already have a lift, Will this add another inch? Looking for a leveling....

Did you buy new bushings at the same time?
I think they will met you either an 1” or 1.25”. And go ahead and replace the bushings while you’re in there

for 2" length added to your shackle ( over what you have right now ) you are only getting 1" of lift ..

Does anybody have these shackles from JT outfitters installed ? I bought some and they are really sloppy. The bolts and about a 1/16" too small for the plates and the bushings. I'm hesitant to install

Does anybody have these shackles from JT outfitters installed ? I bought some and they are really sloppy. The bolts and about a 1/16" too small for the plates and the bushings. I'm hesitant to install

I have them installed, and they are great. Did you get the greasable bolts? I didn't, and mine have plenty of room to fit through the bushings and be tightened.

I will add a pic in a minute

I've been running them on my 60 for 2 years or so now and have zero complaints.

I have them installed, and they are great. Did you get the greasable bolts? I didn't, and mine have plenty of room to fit through the bushings and be tightened.

I will add a pic in a minute

I did get the greaseable bolts. The factory bushings and OME bushings are 18mm. The bolt that JT outfitters uses is 5/8s. They are saying to swap out my bushings for their bushings to accommodate the smaller bolt. Not sure why they wouldn’t just make their bolt bigger to fit the standard 18mm size but what do I know.

I did get the greaseable bolts. The factory bushings and OME bushings are 18mm. The bolt that JT outfitters uses is 5/8s. They are saying to swap out my bushings for their bushings to accommodate the smaller bolt. Not sure why they wouldn’t just make their bolt bigger to fit the standard 18mm size but what do I know.

I noticed the same thing when I got my shackles from them.

My 0ME bushings were still in very good shape, and even though they didn’t fit as tightly, like you mentioned, once you torque it down it is fine.

I don’t know if that is incorrect, but my truck rides just fine with it

For the long term, you'll want to get bolts that fill the space inside the bushing. The shackle assembly will move around a bit as the suspension cycles over time. Movement + sloppy bushings = an unhappy owner. If you like the welded pin design, get a set of normal extended shackles and we can weld the pins in. I didn't see anything significantly different from the linked pins otherwise.

Remember that the OE design was rubber that wholly filled the spring eye void once the shackles were torqued. There was a reason for that.

For the long term, you'll want to get bolts that fill the space inside the bushing. The shackle assembly will move around a bit as the suspension cycles over time. Movement + sloppy bushings = an unhappy owner. If you like the welded pin design, get a set of normal extended shackles and we can weld the pins in. I didn't see anything significantly different from the linked pins otherwise.

Remember that the OE design was rubber that wholly filled the spring eye void once the shackles were torqued. There was a reason for that.

yep, I agree. There was no way I was installing those bolts with that much play. I went ahead and ordered their bushings to replace my OME bushings. Would have been nice if they included that info when the order for shackles was placed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom