evaporative emissions control device??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys,

i'm gettin ready to put some bucket seats in my 72 fj40.

does anyone know if i "need" to have this evaporative thing?
it's on the middle section of my tri-split bench seat.

i vaguely remember seeing a box-shaped thing like this in some repair manual for later models.

any ideas or info would be great.

thanks,
jonathan
jmalphr@clemson.edu

That is the condensor for the gas tank, takes gas vapor, condenses it to liquid, flows through one way valve, under car, to charcoal canister on PS fender, from there to vacuum switch, from there to carb to be burnt along with normal gas.
Yes it is something you want to keep. On later years it is under the same cover as the filler tube for the gas tank.

yeah, i thought it sounded important. ha ha

any ideas on where i should put it? i doubt it has to be oriented in a specific way, so i could just put it right on top of the gas tank right?

thanks

8) Hi Johnathan, Do you need to smog the 40? If not you can get rid of it, remembering to check the hose routing so the tank is properly vented. Check if the charcoal canister is in place on the inner pass side fender? Earl

i'm guessing no on that one. no inspections in good ol SC. period.

most of the smog stuff was just sorta hangin around under the hood, so i yanked it. the charcoal canister is still there, and mostly hooked up. a smog-dinosaur if you will.

what are you sayin about gettin rid of it? how could i make sure it's vented well enough?

thanks,
jonathan

oh, did you end up gettin that manifold from that other guy? hope so.

Johnathan, I sent you an e-mail, and yes I can get the other set of manifolds! Thanks, Earl :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom