Euro/Aussie OEM side mirrors for FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am in search of some OEM replacement mirrors for my FJ60 and really like the looks of the OEM Euro mirrors. I feel like they would be a upgrade to my factory mirrors that are currently on my 60. So far I have been doing some searching and the only ones I am finding are eBay. I would rather not use eBay. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a set? I am also open to other recommendations/options.

Thanks for the links, unfortunately both listings are sold out.

Both of those show out of stock. I ended up buying the 70s series mirror from eBay. The gasket is not a perfect fit. Water can get behind it, but the only thing behind the door of the mirror is the 2 holes the screws go in. Gasket does a fine job of protecting the paint.

20220501_102131.jpg

20220501_102139.jpg

20220501_102149.jpg

Thanks @robcgray for the suggestion and the pictures. I will consider that option if I can’t find a set like the ones I’m looking for.

Thanks Seth, I plan on sticking with OEM mirrors/parts. I appreciate all the feedback everyone. Really digging this forum and the members here.

Both of those show out of stock. I ended up buying the 70s series mirror from eBay. The gasket is not a perfect fit. Water can get behind it, but the only thing behind the door of the mirror is the 2 holes the screws go in. Gasket does a fine job of protecting the paint.

View attachment 2996844

View attachment 2996845

View attachment 2996846
I'm betting a bead of FIPG on the body side of that gasket will help prevent water ingress and corrosion on the screws.

Question though: are those on a 62? If yes, how shaky are those mirrors compared to the 62 electric mirrors?

Update:

CruiserWorld in the Netherlands emailed me today saying they are out of stock on the used mirrors. They have brand new mirrors for €107/ea, which equates to $112 with the current exchange rate. Shipping on my order (which includes another item too) is €36 or $38. Even without the other product the mirrors+shipping are $252/pair to my door. Not bad at all.

I might be more excited for my euro-spec side marker lenses than I am about the mirrors :cool:

Curious about the 70 series mirrors-I have a '62 with what appears to be crap aftermarket mirror that shake and rattle. The truck has been in storage over the winter and when in the storage unit the other day I bumped one and it broke off at the swivel!! argh. I'm not looking for OEM but rather a good solid mirror that will look "right" on the truck.

Any more thoughts on the 70 series? Sources?

Thx
BK

I bought mine on eBay, but if the 62 has electric mirrors, you might not want mirrors for a 70. The gasket/mirror do not perfectly match the contours of the door, thereby letting water get behind, and if there is an electrical tail penetration in the door, it could let water inside the door through that opening. Link below for the mirrors I bought, pictures on the door in an earlier post of mine in this thread.

it is possible to design and 3d print a TPU gasket that mates between the 60 series door and the 70 series mirror. I'm not the right person to do that but it's definitely an option

I bought mine on eBay, but if the 62 has electric mirrors, you might not want mirrors for a 70. The gasket/mirror do not perfectly match the contours of the door, thereby letting water get behind, and if there is an electrical tail penetration in the door, it could let water inside the door through that opening. Link below for the mirrors I bought, pictures on the door in an earlier post of mine in this thread.

The current after market mirrors I have are non-electric and I have no desire to install electric-already spending too much time updating headlights/windows/door locks to add more!!! I’ll check out the 70 series. And I gave sources that might be able to print a gasket-great idea!!

Thx
BK

it is possible to design and 3d print a TPU gasket that mates between the 60 series door and the 70 series mirror. I'm not the right person to do that but it's definitely an option
Honestly that'd be the best approach. @CruiserTrash what's your thought on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom