Engine Alternatives - Motor Mount Concerns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All.
I have a 1980 FJ40 with a B series Diesel Engine that someone over the past 40 years installed. i just picked this beast up 2 weeks ago. I am looking to complete an engine swap and i am curious if anyone has seen a list of engines that will be direct replacement engines? I am hoping to not fab new motor mounts. i would vastly prefer a Toyota diesel or gas engine, but i do not want to walk away form all alternatives until i have read up on all the options.
Thank you.

I bet most would say, keep the diesel.

Was the truck originally a FJ40 or a BJ40? If it was a FJ40 and the original motor mounts were not cut off, I guess you could re-install a 2F.

I bet most would say, keep the diesel.

Was the truck originally a FJ40 or a BJ40? If it was a FJ40 and the original motor mounts were not cut off, I guess you could re-install a 2F.
I think it was originally an FJ as the title reads Gasoline, the PO bought it from Costa Rica and i know know much about the vehicle history. The PO bought the truck with the B Series in it and then had it rebuilt 2 years ago.

if i go diesel, i am still leaning towards the 1KZ. A Petro engine that i have been considering is the FZ. my concern about this motor is the size.
To be honest, i have been looking for an online resource that details the lengths of various engines and transmissions. i would have thought that the OEMs would have published engine and trans lengths.
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom