Elephant Hill Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe a dumb question. Searched the forum and can't find anything. Has anyone taken their 200 on the Elephant Hill trail that can provide some feedback? I've got a permit in a couple of months - wondering if my 200 is going to be too wide for a couple of the narrow slot canyon type sections. I was planning to just send it as the kids say, but figured it'd be worth inquiring.
I just joined this forum today, but you’re in luck. I ran that trail out to the Confluence in late November in my 2011 LX. I have sliders and 33” Wildpeaks, otherwise stock. Biggest concern was the narrow slot I think they call Devils Pocket. The ranger will tell you that it is 85” wide at its narrowest. My tires were 80” wide, but I did some damage due to not using a spotter and thinking I could steer and video at the same time. I ran my wheels up the right wall and scraped the drivers side upper rear quarter panel. Real stupid. I think that passage may be optional, but if you go slow and use a spotter, no problem. However, I did bottom out in a couple places where stacking rocks would have prevented it. I will tell you that that trail will show you how great the LX is going up and down that trail. Stock wheels And tires may not be advisable, but All Terrains worked fine for me. They limit traffic for a good reason, you need to take your time. But the reward of awesome scenery is well worth it. Your kids will have a whole new respect for whoever is behind the wheel. Compensate the spotter accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom