Builds 'Ele'Ele Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the rack on this morning and Andrea gave ELE a MUCH NEEDED bath!

J

IMG_20190802_083823487.jpg
IMG_20190802_084136990_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190802_084055390_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190802_084104869_HDR.jpg

I've had some weird interactions/offers over the years, but yesterday I had a guy follow me and flash his headlights at me for over 10 miles.

I pulled up at the gas station and watched this guy jump out of his truck and start trotting up to me. I had the Kimber 45 ready to go just in case.... I rolled my window down and can hear this guy start saying, "hey man can I ask........................"

After a few minutes of talking; (I asked if he was building a JEEP and he said "HELL NO!!!" So I indulged his offer. If he would have said yes I would have refused any offer. But, I sold the swing arm off my rear bumper (just the swing arm) to him for his build for an E-Bronco... He came by the shop this morning and grabbed everything and a new spindle...

So now I'll be building a new swing arm for ELE...

HA!

Can you share how you mounted the ComeUp controller box behind the grill? Any pictures?

Bumper and winch installed this morning. Will wire all the LEDs this weekend while correcting the DRL issue....

J

Just a simple flat bracket two holes over from the horn.

Secure and clears everything without having to trim or cut anything.

IMG_20190715_110657526.jpg

IMG_20190715_110651268.jpg

Can you share how you mounted the ComeUp controller box behind the grill? Any pictures?

Jason - I am hoping you get well soon. Those bumpers and roof rack are among the best I have seen!

Jason - I am hoping you get well soon. Those bumpers and roof rack are among the best I have seen!

Thanks man! I'm feeling better and getting around to swinging 60# slider rails again pretty comfortably. I just ordered enough materials for 25 sets of 100 sliders and that will be the true test for me physically. If I can make it through that build set I'll be getting back to bumpers again.

We just rented another 2000 sq ft of shop space in our complex and TT will be morphing again. It's an ever changing monster.

We looked at moving completely out of state again, but decided to just buy a "R & R" home elsewhere instead. I plan to take more time off and work on more complex builds and parts moving into the future. Trying to get away from the rat race part slinging gig, it's becoming more cut-throat and has become who is the loudest salesperson. I let my customers sell my products by word of mouth and actual real time experiences. I've always answered technical questions and custom build specs on a one on one basis so the customer gets exactly what they need/want, not what a MFG thinks a mass shotgun solution might be for a product/customer base... It truly is an unappreciated endeavor.

Last edited:
It truly is an unappreciated endeavor.
I'm sure I speak for others: it's appreciated. Thanks to your parts slingin' I was able to refresh and modernize my creaky old truck and walk through trails that used to be difficult. I'm happy to hear you're expanding the shop. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man! I'm feeling better and getting around to swinging 60# slider rails again pretty comfortably. I just ordered enough materials for 25 sets of 100 sliders and that will be the true test for me physically. If I can make it through that build set I'll be getting back to bumpers again.

We just rented another 2000 sq ft of shop space in our complex and TT will be morphing again. It's an ever changing monster.

We looked at moving completely out of state again, but decided to just buy a "R & R" home elsewhere instead. I plan to take more time off and work on more complex builds and parts moving into the future. Trying to get away from the rat race part slinging gig, it's becoming more cut-throat and has become who is the loudest salesperson. I let my customers sell my products by word of mouth and actual real time experiences. I've always answered technical questions and custom build specs on a one on one basis so the customer gets exactly what they need/want, not what a MFG thinks a mass shotgun solution might be for a product/customer base... It truly is an unappreciated endeavor.

It's great to see you returning to form. I am not a high dollar spender by any stretch of imagination but I really like the extended sway bar links and the tow hooks. I also think your bumpers are the best looking ones out there and am hoping I will be able to afford one in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom