Builds 'Ele'Ele Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man! I'm feeling better and getting around to swinging 60# slider rails again pretty comfortably. I just ordered enough materials for 25 sets of 100 sliders and that will be the true test for me physically. If I can make it through that build set I'll be getting back to bumpers again.

We just rented another 2000 sq ft of shop space in our complex and TT will be morphing again. It's an ever changing monster.

We looked at moving completely out of state again, but decided to just buy a "R & R" home elsewhere instead. I plan to take more time off and work on more complex builds and parts moving into the future. Trying to get away from the rat race part slinging gig, it's becoming more cut-throat and has become who is the loudest salesperson. I let my customers sell my products by word of mouth and actual real time experiences. I've always answered technical questions and custom build specs on a one on one basis so the customer gets exactly what they need/want, not what a MFG thinks a mass shotgun solution might be for a product/customer base... It truly is an unappreciated endeavor.

I think (hope) that anyone whos done business with you truly appreciates your endevors- I think we see evidence of that on this thread and numerous other places on the forum.

What you bring to our market is user friendly willingness to fabricate just about anything that we need- often times a one off project in real time- not a year or two down the road. Not just that, but also providing high quality workmanship as well. You own and have experience with multiple vehicle platforms too. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for all this. Glad to know your expanding, refining and moving forward.

Thanks for doing what you do.

Ordering in parts for the SAS build kit and R&D.

Custom fabricated housing with HD CrMo .375" wall axle tubes ordered (3 week lead-- I'll probably start making my own for this kit if is popular enough.

9" 3rd memberj
Pinion support DS
Reverse cut 4:86 gears (front)
RD119 front locker
Compressor
4:88 Nitro rear gears and master rebuild kit for E-locked rear
4" coil springs ordered from AUS (already have 1" BL)
Part time TC kit in the works
Aisin FHT013 locking hubs
NEW OEM 105 series spindles, knuckles, hubs, rotors, etc..
Radius arms in the works 4 degree
Brackets are in CAD
Rebuilt 80 steering box and modified hoses
Adjustable panhards
XHD return to center steering stabilizer
80 Series DC drive shaft - custom mod
Custom 4340 inner axles
ProForged TREs
Trail Tailor Hi Steer (in the works)
Toyo U-joints (Japan)
All Toyota seals, gaskets, bolts and nuts, etc... (PARTSOUQ) is loving me this month........ :woot:

Should have this finished up by the end of the year.

J

Jason, before I go and order a pair of new OEM front LCAs for my truck, are you planning on doing anything for these at all? I know they're a much more involved product than the upper or rear arms... Just hate to buy one thing and then see your (better) version hit the market right after (cough, SPC arms, cough)

Jason, before I go and order a pair of new OEM front LCAs for my truck, are you planning on doing anything for these at all? I know they're a much more involved product than the upper or rear arms... Just hate to buy one thing and then see your (better) version hit the market right after (cough, SPC arms, cough)

No plans for front LCAs.

J

Thanks for doing what you're doing. I wish i could come and intern for you and learn.

Sounds expensive.

Depends on what expensive is in your book. But, just the PARTS I've ordered so far has hit the 7400.00 mark. I figure another 1400-2200.00 in parts.

Remember ALL parts here are brand new and OEM. There is some savings for re-using/used 80/105 parts and buying some aftermarket.

I'd say 1500.00 cheaper at least on buying a used 80 front and stripping the hubs, arms, spindles, etc... that portion was about 1600.00 from Partsouq alone.

Cost above does not include inner custom made axles, birfs, brake pads, fluids, grease, T&M for brackets, radius arms or ANY LABOR.

I'm keeping every receipt, part number and where I buy it with quantities. This will be a specialty mod. Persons with skills and tools will off course come out ahead compared to someone pulling into a shop and ordering it and having it installed by others.

J

Jason I hope you bring that thing out to an HIH event in the upcoming years for everyone to see this masterpiece.

Did you get the 80/105 knuckle balls? I didn't see it on your list.

Did you get the 80/105 knuckle balls? I didn't see it on your list.

It's part of my housing.. They wouldn't sell just the balls and had no idea when they would make another run or have any available. Hard to communicate with and after a couple weeks of phone tag I went elsewhere. Communication is everything with me. I refuse to work with slow or non-responsive vendors. If I can't find it elsewhere... I'll just make it in-house and/or sub it out and make it a new TT offering.

J

Sounds expensive.

For future reference--- there are two versions of this kit... I have not released the details of the 2nd option but it is more economical for someone that does not want to punish their rig in the rocks.

Both will be released at the same time.

2nd kit will have more gearing options as well.

J

MSA DS60 arrived from AU to work with the aluminum storage drawers.

IMG_20190815_143432452.jpg

I am drooling over here. Please post ALOT of pics as you go with this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom