Builds 'Ele'Ele Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Picked up another 100 today...

If the rig stays mine I'll do the SAS front and a 4" Tough Dog lift and 37s... But if Andrea wants it, the IFS will stay and a 3" TourFlex heavy will be installed w/ Trail Tailor drop UCAs.

Regardless its a R&D rig and since posting on IG earlier, I've had 3 inquiries if it will be for sale soon... HA!

Not sure where the build will go...............

Jason

IMG_20180828_105900552.jpg
IMG_20180828_105911190.jpg

You need to do give it the full Trail-Tailor/Tough Dog treatment and bring it to HIH9 next year! I would love to see a build of yours in person:)

Main reason for the purchase of this 100 is for accessory additions. I'll build high and tight front and rear bumpers, sliders and UCAs for sure...

I have 3 - 105 front frame clips so a SAS is highly possible.

J

Would you be willing to sell a 105 clip, or do you need them all?

I like it. Super clean looking.

Care to share the details?
Year, mileage, paint job

I like it. Super clean looking.

Care to share the details?
Year, mileage, paint job

'98 locked, 182K, tan interior in very good condition and it has been repainted jet black. No wrecks and all the body panels VIN tags are original and in place.. I assume it was due to the clear coat peeling.

I took a bunch of pics, but left the camera at the shop.

J

Main reason for the purchase of this 100 is for accessory additions. I'll build high and tight front and rear bumpers, sliders and UCAs for sure...

I have 3 - 105 front frame clips so a SAS is highly possible.

J

Accessory additions? I like the sound of that. It’s awesome that you are doing R&D on new 100 series product!

I pulled over at a boiled peanut stand in Fernandina Beach Florida a few weeks ago and a guy driving a Tacoma walked up and asked me about my Truck. It ended up being @gatormark91 . When he was walking up asked if that was a dissent bumper I was running. I knew I liked the guy right then and there:) He then asked about my suspension and we found out we both run Tough Dog! Just like me he has been blown away by the performance of the Tough Dog setups, and will tell anyone that will listen. We had a good talk.

I thought It was just crazy that I could meet a stranger on the beach here on the East Coast and we could end up talking about you and @benc by name. All the way across the country from you guys. I’d say each of y’all have created quite the following. It’s good to know hard work, high quality, and great service still get it done here in America. I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Always fun to have a dependable e-locker.

I understand you sold your previous bumper designs - it will be really exciting to see where you'll take this build (and future 100 offerings).

:popcorn:

Always fun to have a dependable e-locker.

I understand you sold your previous bumper designs - it will be really exciting to see where you'll take this build (and future 100 offerings).

:popcorn:

I did sell most of my designs, but 100s and I do not have a non-compete here.. So, I can fab away, if I ever get caught up from the 200 guys... I made a hybrid of my new front for @Kmonty66. But the new one will have recessed recovery pockets and fairlead. Just need a bit more time with it.

One of my customers is a huge Subi guy and he sent me information on a remote controlled actuated bear claw latch from Russia. I'm trying to get in touch with them now. My importer and friend out of Portland will do all the translating as all I can do is Google translate and that has proven on more than one occasion to be "incorrect" language. I guess they have modified the system to be inserted into a swing arm tube, completely sealed to protect it from the elements. Should be interesting if I can get the specifics on it. I know Andrea would love not to flip a clamp or door handle to access the cargo area on a few of our rigs...

J

Accessory additions? I like the sound of that. It’s awesome that you are doing R&D on new 100 series product!

I pulled over at a boiled peanut stand in Fernandina Beach Florida a few weeks ago and a guy driving a Tacoma walked up and asked me about my Truck. It ended up being @gatormark91 . When he was walking up asked if that was a dissent bumper I was running. I knew I liked the guy right then and there:) He then asked about my suspension and we found out we both run Tough Dog! Just like me he has been blown away by the performance of the Tough Dog setups, and will tell anyone that will listen. We had a good talk.

I thought It was just crazy that I could meet a stranger on the beach here on the East Coast and we could end up talking about you and @benc by name. All the way across the country from you guys. I’d say each of y’all have created quite the following. It’s good to know hard work, high quality, and great service still get it done here in America. I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Well thanks L. You and M are good people. I've said it before.... But my customers are awesome. Easy to work with and especially talk to. I've always said communication is the main key to business. I try and treat all my customers the way I'd like to be treated.

J

I did sell most of my designs, but 100s and I do not have a non-compete here.. So, I can fab away, if I ever get caught up from the 200 guys... I made a hybrid of my new front for @Kmonty66. But the new one will have recessed recovery pockets and fairlead. Just need a bit more time with it.

One of my customers is a huge Subi guy and he sent me information on a remote controlled actuated bear claw latch from Russia. I'm trying to get in touch with them now. My importer and friend out of Portland will do all the translating as all I can do is Google translate and that has proven on more than one occasion to be "incorrect" language. I guess they have modified the system to be inserted into a swing arm tube, completely sealed to protect it from the elements. Should be interesting if I can get the specifics on it. I know Andrea would love not to flip a clamp or door handle to access the cargo area on a few of our rigs...

J
This I would like to see

image.jpeg

This whole thread is awesome. I am so excited to see this.

What’s a 105 clip?

The front frame section from a 105 Series Cruiser, radius arms, complete front axle/housing, motor mounts, all steering links/rods, coils, shocks, (RHD) steering unit, pump, brake lines, etc.. I'll use a 80 steering unit more than likely.

Plan is to design a front clip mod for the guys that want it. Complete kit with new suspension. Connector plates, cut templates, steering kit, etc..

J

*not a 105 clip-just a reference pic*

front-clip-jpg.1558815

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom