Electronic gremlins.... The worst kind :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Situation.... Complete rebuilt engine. All smog equip. off the truck but not replumbed. I have a recurved dizzy and carb from Jim. I'm waiting to finish the desmog til I get this engine to run properly. I have all ports from carb capped so no vacuum leaks.
I posted on the site a few weeks ago concerning the engine would not run with out the choke on..... Turns out the fuel cut off solenoid was not getting ground so I found a new spot to ground said solenoid. It ran great for ten minutes. Shut off engine for half hour and bam.....
No tail lights
no brake lights
no fuel cut solenoid
no ac compressor
no dome and the fuses in panel show no power to the fuse marked "engine' and 'charge'
I do have headlights, flashers and blinkers
all fuses are good. all breakers good. ( I swapped them out from a running 60)
Electronics are my kryptonite.
So at this point.... The engine starts and runs on choke. The fuel cut solenoid has power randomly.... (it clicks when powered up....) but the engine wont idle after warm up... indicating the fuel cut solenoid is once again not working.... No power. The fuel cut solenoid is new and functions perfectly when i put power to it with jumper wire.
God i wish there were a Landcruiser mechanic in my area! I know nothing about electronics and my brain is still healing from trying to understand the vacuum system last month.
The truck ran perfect before the engine rebuild and desmog. I hope i'm not becoming annoying asking for help weekly during this process!!! I WOULD GREATLY appreciate any advice

Have you inspected the condition of the wires and connectors in your fusible link?

its on the positive side of the battery and looks like this:

1647915659750.png

So why do you decide to start a new post? I mean a few of us posted up different possible solutions. You could have asked specifics about how to check something if you didn't understand. You could have said step by step what you checked and how you checked it, asked "where do I go from here?". And we build on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom