FJ62 Vehicle Disable System / Electronic Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All!

This is my first post to IH8!

I have an FJ62 that had a Vehicle Starter Disable System installed by past P/O's. I didn't mind the it until recently it started giving me issues (which completely disables the car) Posting to see if anyone has ever had a similar system or if anyone has any idea how to properly remove this from my electrical harness. See attached photo for reference.

I need to replace my cracked dash and the P/O also rewired the washer motor to the antenna extender button for whatever reason so I'm ready to start digging into the whole harness if I need to find where it may be spliced.

Thanks everyone!

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 11.31.17 AM.png

Sure are a lot of wires just for a ignition disable. Hard to say without being there to trace but with all those black wires, I am curious if they used the common ground. See if you can trace that one large black wire and let us know where it goes. I'm not familiar with THAT particle set up so maybe someone else recognizes it and can comment.

Thanks for the reply! I am really getting into it now and finding some sources. See attached! My assumption (not being electronically inclined) is to join the two highlighted wires. I'll keep digging and keep you posted. Hope this will help someone else in the future.

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 1.03.11 PM.png

OK. I figured it out. I clipped those two and joined them. The truck starts right up.

Also the P/O ran the rest of the wires to under the hood. Had two grounded and the rest were just floating. For anyone that is wondering about the rest of the wires coming from the chip disable system. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom