Electrical connectors - removing broken wire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Who has good luck separating the wire out of the connector ? What tool brand do you use? I'm trying to get the broken wire out of the grey waterproof connector on the left side of the upper thermostat housing. Thanks, Mike

Mike, if you’ve got an old wiper blade laying around, grind it down to the proper size and it works perfect. Got this idea from @Tools R Us .

0B153C9B-8E0D-4ECE-918A-2A2809149D86.png

I use a jeweler's screwdriver (the smallest one) that I filed down a tad so it fit inside the back of the plugs to release the plastic retainers

This is a great tool set. Same set sold under many different brands and can range from $20 (Astro) to $60 if you find it branded as Matco.

Comes in a blow-molded case.

Astro Pneumatic 5 Piece Asian Terminal Tool Kit - 78445

1584467667660.png

I just purchased a 70pcs set similar to what Seth posted. It turns out I got two or three of each kind/size. They are cheap, so when one breaks, at least I will have spares. I don't think the FJ60 needs all these sizes and types, but I have some other cars i want to mess with...

Amazon product ASIN B082FDGVD9

Mike, if you’ve got an old wiper blade laying around, grind it down to the proper size and it works perfect. Got this idea from @Tools R Us .

View attachment 2241134

@John McVicker I happened across your post randomly the other day...and it just saved my a$$.
I was just splicing in some new plug connectors and had everything spliced, crimped and double heat shrunk, complete. Then realized I connected one of the pins wrong.
Couldn’t find anything small and strong enough, then remembered this trick and actually had a few old wiper blades laying around.
Winner winner!

Good to hear @Skniper. Yep, it really does work, good on you for making it happen.👍🎯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom