EGR Temp Sensor Test Plug (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need one...already done wits end key tags...just growing tired of the 410 cel...
One for A 97 please

Okay, just to sure: If I don't have to worry about passing an admissions test (which I don't in my county), will the test plug by itself, without doing anything else to the engine, stop the check engine light from coming on in my '97? I JUST WANT THE LIGHT OFF! (Not yelling at you)

Okay, just to sure: If I don't have to worry about passing an admissions test (which I don't in my county), will the test plug by itself, without doing anything else to the engine, stop the check engine light from coming on in my '97? I JUST WANT THE LIGHT OFF! (Not yelling at you)
If the light is on because of A P0401, then yes the test plug will give the ECM the correct value so no code is thrown and the light will go away. But that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't something wrong with the EGR system.

I will take one, 97 LX450. PM sent

Any ‘94 OBD1 plugs left? I’m up to 3x a day of pulling the EFI fuse to clear the code & engine light.

Might not be the right place for this, but if anyone has a functioning temp sensor for a 97 they are pulling out for an EGR delete and would like to get rid of it let me know! Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I figured I would post up a small project I have been pulling together mainly to satisfy my curiosity about EGR bypass, testing, and making it look good. Many of us have experienced the P0401 code and normally it is an EGR related issue. As you will come to find out, especially after reading many threads on EGR disabling, you will need a 4.7k ohm resistor installed in place of the temp sensor at the intake manifold and then disable or block some vacuum lines. This method only applies to the 95-97 years, which is what I drive. I built his only for testing, not for disabling mandated emissions controls. 93-94 OBD1 are now available as well.

There are two difficult parts to this project. First, a replacement plug for the wiring harness and second, something to replace at the intake manifold. So far, I solved the electrical plug part, but not what to do for when I remove the temp sensor at the intake. Ultimately, I will have something built to replace the temp sensor and wiring and electrical plug that looks OEM, but it is really only a resistor giving the ECM the value it wants in order to achieve readiness. Bear in mind, you have to have ECM readiness before you do this and if you disconnect your battery you will loose readiness and not get it back unless you do some other work.

These are the threads I used for research and confirmation others have a successfully disabled the EGR without throwing any codes.

Disable the EGR system the (mostly) Toyota way
EGR Readiness Achieved with EGR Removed!

As of now, I have been building these plugs with the resistor hidden in them and it works like a charm. I have about 300 miles on my LC with no codes and a nice cool pipe near the wiring harness. Here are a couple of pics of the part that plugs into the harness in lieu of the temp sensor electrical plug.

tsplug-3-jpg.1668085

tsplug-4-jpg.1668087

tsplug-jpg.1668088

tsplug-2-jpg.1668089

Still working to find some sort of alternative to the temp sensor at the intake and when I figure that out, I will post up the completed temp sensor testing harness. I figure this solution, especially for those of us that are picky about how things look, might be nice to have during our testing and diagnosis of EGR related problems like the common P0401 codes.

If you need one, PM me and we will work it out. $20 to your door if your in the Conti U.S.
Do you have any left? I need one for a 96?

Any ‘94 OBD1 plugs left? I’m up to 3x a day of pulling the EFI fuse to clear the code & engine light.
PM sent. Sorry for the delay.

Thumbs Up...plug works great on my 97...no more CEL

PM sent

Hi everyone,

Just ran out of the OBDII 95-97 plugs, but have more parts on order. The plug itself is very hard to come by and I underestimated my needed stocking level. More are already on the way and I will post back when I have more ready to ship out.

Thanks again for all the orders!

52 miles so far and no "check engine" light.

Parts are landing, so more should be built and ready to ship by the middle of next week. Pricing is going to increase a bit, but you will get all the pieces to do a proper EGR disable allowing full testing/diagnosing of related EGR things. No block off plates err..keychains from me, but @NLXTACY can help with those. I am also planning on rolling out a basic website to help facilitate orders making it easier for me to pay Uncle Sam:frown: and for all of you to order more easily:).

Thanks again for all the orders and support.

Parts are landing, so more should be built and ready to ship by the middle of next week. Pricing is going to increase a bit, but you will get all the pieces to do a proper EGR disable allowing full testing/diagnosing of related EGR things. No block off plates err..keychains from me, but @NLXTACY can help with those. I am also planning on rolling out a basic website to help facilitate orders making it easier for me to pay Uncle Sam:frown: and for all of you to order more easily:).

Thanks again for all the orders and support.

Put me on the list first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom