EGR deleted - how to register in CA later (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We also have the best weather and jobs
Anything is debatable, There data is there to support my claims
I don’t know, I think the data might actually show we have the best weather all year long. And to keep it relevant to the post, no smog checks here in Hawaii.

I don’t know, I think the data might actually show we have the best weather all year long. And to keep it relevant to the post, no smog checks here in Hawaii.
Jen I did not derail the thread I'm just playing along, My job also took me to the beautiful state of Hawaii, I lived there for over 6 month, it rained most every day and the humidity was more then I care fore. For sure it was one of the nicest places they sent me.

@Broski - The central coast is exactly why I’ll be moving back to CA. We lucked out on some decent acreage along the pismo/AG border off Noyes a long time ago and plan to retire early there. I’ve lived in downtown SF, the West Village to Texas and Seattle and I’ll tell you it doesn’t get any better than SLO county :)

Funny, I'm in AG and lived by Noyes growing up

well i am in central GA so every single place you all talked about sounds great. seriously, come here from like june to sept and i bet you will be GLAD to go back to whatever place you came from. nothing like 95+ weather with 70% humidity, mosquitoes the size of small planes, gators, venomous snakes, spiders that make your flesh melt away.

oh, but we dont have smog checks and the cost of living is really low so i guess there is that.

well i am in central GA so every single place you all talked about sounds great. seriously, come here from like june to sept and i bet you will be GLAD to go back to whatever place you came from. nothing like 95+ weather with 70% humidity, mosquitoes the size of small planes, gators, venomous snakes, spiders that make your flesh melt away.

oh, but we dont have smog checks and the cost of living is really low so i guess there is that.
Been there and done that, worked at Pine wood Studios Peach tree City, South of Atlanta. was there for 7 months. Besides the humidity and mosquito its pretty nice there.
I ran some local locations in south Atlanta and that was downright scary !!

Funny, I'm in AG and lived by Noyes growing up
I'll check in a few months when I head down to do some land choring and maybe we can grab tailgate beers :)

I grew up in SLO and it's crazy how things have changed so much (outside of real estate skyrocketing). I'm looking forward to some burgers at Village Grill, Klondike's, and Firestone haha.

South Georgia was nice. I’ve been to Valdosta and Georgia’s expansion pack of Jacksonville.

Atlanta was entertaining, except the freeways. Holy crap, and that’s coming from a Californian.

Back to the topic at hand. Most of the smog equipment is available OEM new, except the EGR. Aftermarket EGRs are available for about $90. I personally wouldn’t have an issue with it as the EGR is so simple in function. Apply vacuum. EGR valve opens.

Last edited:
I'll check in a few months when I head down to do some land choring and maybe we can grab tailgate beers :)

I grew up in SLO and it's crazy how things have changed so much (outside of real estate skyrocketing). I'm looking forward to some burgers at Village Grill, Klondike's, and Firestone haha.

For sure, hit me up. I hate SLO now. It's a far cry from what it was in the 80's and 90's. My mom lived in the Laguna side of SLO before moving out on Old Oak Park. SLO has lost most of its charm and mom and pop vibe. We rarely go to SLO anymore. Even the music scene sucks there now, I REALLY miss the old Slo Brew, it was such an awesome venue for great bands.

For sure, hit me up. I hate SLO now. It's a far cry from what it was in the 80's and 90's. My mom lived in the Laguna side of SLO before moving out on Old Oak Park. SLO has lost most of its charm and mom and pop vibe. We rarely go to SLO anymore. Even the music scene sucks there now, I REALLY miss the old Slo Brew, it was such an awesome venue for great bands.
I agree, it has changed, but all things do, I went to college there in the early 90's and it was just beautiful, very small town feel, we had a crapload of fun, I think a lot of the tech $$ from the bay area came down and ruined things

I agree, it has changed, but all things do, I went to college there in the early 90's and it was just beautiful, very small town feel, we had a crapload of fun, I think a lot of the tech $$ from the bay area came down and ruined things

Very true that all things change. Have you been to the Pismo Pier area lately? Tons of change. But the current SLO mayor isn't helping a thing. I'm all for being green etc, but she is a little too woke and pushing her values on the city. Overall, lots of growth in the area and lots of bigger city folks moving in and bringing their past with them.

Funny, I see you're in SD. I went to UCSD in the early 90's. Moved back and transferred to Poly. Two best areas of CA.

Very true that all things change. Have you been to the Pismo Pier area lately? Tons of change. But the current SLO mayor isn't helping a thing. I'm all for being green etc, but she is a little too woke and pushing her values on the city. Overall, lots of growth in the area and lots of bigger city folks moving in and bringing their past with them.

Funny, I see you're in SD. I went to UCSD in the early 90's. Moved back and transferred to Poly. Two best areas of CA.
yeah I moved from bay area in high school, south to slo town and then to finish school in SD. I love San Diego even though it is expensive and our government sucks in CA. It's a trade off like anything. We passed that way up on a road trip last year and drove up through big sur all the way to tahoe. Great trip.

It always cracks me up how a Can I smog my truck in Ca turns into a sh*t show of how Ca sucks, it all what you make of it. My job took me all over the States and I can say I'm not going anywhere. The view from my Deck.
View attachment 2614494
Where I walk my dog, that's right no one in sight
View attachment 2614482
Three minutes from my house
View attachment 2614492
Five minutes the other way

View attachment 2614500
Bad politics and high cost of living is the price you Pay to live in PARADISE did I mention the average temperature is 65* year-round, no humidity or mosquitoes.
Born and raised California, I only ask that you-al keep telling people that it sucks here Ha ha
Cheers ;) 🤷‍♂️

Ha, as much as I like the pics - you might pull ‘em before da homeless pitch tents on that single-track :p

I would.

Cali looks nice, but us WA folk have a straight-link to HI -types with the island living here.

You meet alot of HI-WA transplants in Skagit Co. - Closest mainland link to SJI / Island Co.

Sorry guys, you're all playing for second. Australia has you beat. Sure, we have bushfires, scorching summers, terrible humidity by the water, we're 90% desert, and there are deadly things all over that can kill you, but we have lots of wide open spaces and diesel 80's. ;)

Sorry guys, you're all playing for second. Australia has you beat. Sure, we have bushfires, scorching summers, terrible humidity by the water, we're 90% desert, and there are deadly things all over that can kill you, but we have lots of wide open spaces and diesel 80's. ;)

And you grow cows like weed & frac out fossil fuels we still need for at a minimum- plastics, synthetic lubes, etc.

Just getting the C9 / nonene - to let the enviro-‘awesome’ people to get their roto-molded kayaks & coolers - need to go to their protests - they need to know where their toys come from - fossil oils.

(let alone the plastics in their Subarus’ they are so :::proud:;: to drive until the Prius/Leaf -guy pulls up next to them at a intersection) :hillbilly:

—— I know, I should be nicer - but I was nicer for 2 decades.

So I guess I’m joining the ‘old & cranky’ crowd that sees their selective vision.

/// Total side-rant b/c even just tonight - I left a grocery where I thought a skunk had been hit by a car.

It had a car, but it was the car next to my truck I was walking towards downwind - some 3-some were smoking some great weed right next to my truck, sounded like they had some good junk.

I just wish they were doing it at a house they were staying at for ~8hrs. /// end rant. :smokin:

The pandemic has only made it worse:singing:
Moved here in late 1978 right after high school from So Cal, I was working outside Construction for $3.00 Hr and you could buy a house for $40K, my have thing Changed!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom