easy questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have some simple questions for everyone.. I was wondering during trail rides hot weather is the 1.5f common to overheat o is the motor pretty rock solid and doesn't have cooling issues often?
also I notice the hoses are old on my cruiser, but the motor looks rebuilt, but they didn't replace the hose's lol wondering would it be wise to replace them before going off road.

I don't have the F 1/2 engine, but my 2F is rock solid. My reply is for the hoses...YES...hoses deteriorate from the inside out. If they look bad from the outside, they probably look horrible on the inside.

Or keep the original hoses if you want to break down on the trail...depends on the stories you want to tell later...

X2 on taking some hoses and vacuum lines as spares

Hi All:

It is always easier to replace parts at home, than on on the trail! :p :rolleyes: :D

Sure, I replace old hoses and lines and save them as trail spares if in O.K. shape.

Regards,

Alan

x2 on replacing hoses at home, And save the old ones to get you out of a bad situation. Just in case.

Lots of good advice here. I carry a footlocker full of spare parts. A big box that stays at camp (spare axles,starter,alt, etc...)and a smaller one of things that are most likely needed and easy to fit in the rig. Can make the difference between a great trail ride and a miserable day looking for parts.

In addition to spares and tools, A fire extinguisher and a good first aid kit are also a must. Just my .02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom