e-brake/broke

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by jeffb, Mar 6, 2004.

1. jeffb

jeffb

i need to go in today and work with the e-brake on my 96 fzj80. its frozen. is there a part number for the e-brake drum pads that by now im sure are wore thin? thanks.

jeffb

2. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

I'm sure there is.

3. xl715

xl715

Are you sure it's not frozen cables? I guess you'll know when you tear the drums off, however, seeing as those shoes are used primarily for holding the vehicle in a stationary state I don't think they would wear very much.

4. Photoman

Photoman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I replaced mine but can't find the old boxes. I had this number written down but am unsure if it's correct. 47655-60040. The front or upper shoe and the lower or back shoe are both the same IIRC.

Bill

5. jeffb

jeffb

f/u...i got to it around 1 pm sat. it took about 2.5 hrs total. the bellcranks were bound up with grit and debris. a good dousing of brake cleaner and liquid wrench did the job. the rubber boots were still good. i knew the rotors were bad and replaced them with semi-matalic pads since i was there anyway. the e-brake pads were fair (two were worn from contact) but with adjustment at the handle and the star screw they work fine. i emptied the remainder brake cleaner on the innerds and got it all back together. everything tested great and i didn't hit anyone later-on either. easy job for a change. my buddies lift and fully equipted garage might have helped a little. :)
    ........bill, i did a search on that part number https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/partscat.html and nothing came up. thanks though.

jeffb
    '96 80

6. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

I ended up packing the new belcranks with white litium. I hope the grease will keep all the crap out and help them last.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.