e-brake/broke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i need to go in today and work with the e-brake on my 96 fzj80. its frozen. is there a part number for the e-brake drum pads that by now im sure are wore thin? thanks.

jeffb

Are you sure it's not frozen cables? I guess you'll know when you tear the drums off, however, seeing as those shoes are used primarily for holding the vehicle in a stationary state I don't think they would wear very much.

I replaced mine but can't find the old boxes. I had this number written down but am unsure if it's correct. 47655-60040. The front or upper shoe and the lower or back shoe are both the same IIRC.

Bill

f/u...i got to it around 1 pm sat. it took about 2.5 hrs total. the bellcranks were bound up with grit and debris. a good dousing of brake cleaner and liquid wrench did the job. the rubber boots were still good. i knew the rotors were bad and replaced them with semi-matalic pads since i was there anyway. the e-brake pads were fair (two were worn from contact) but with adjustment at the handle and the star screw they work fine. i emptied the remainder brake cleaner on the innerds and got it all back together. everything tested great and i didn't hit anyone later-on either. easy job for a change. my buddies lift and fully equipted garage might have helped a little. :)
........bill, i did a search on that part number https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/partscat.html and nothing came up. thanks though.

jeffb
'96 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom