DT Headers Dyno Result Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just put the DT headers on my 2005 LC. Jake Smith at A Rusted Development did the labor. ardoffroad.com. I grabbed a new pair of upstream O2 sensors for him as well. I had the classic ticking exhaust and could see the cracks in the stock manifolds when I went down to pick up the truck. Hairline cracks right around the flange but if you held it at the right angle you could see light through the crack.

I'm very impressed with the difference in the truck. I picked it up and immediately hit a road trip with my boy down to the desert. It was only a 2.5 hour trip down but mixed highway driving at 80mph and then 2 lane roads over a pass at 7,500 feet (soldier summit in UT) and then lots of dirt roads in the Swell. The truck has better pick up for sure and feels like it doesn't have to try as hard. Cruising at 80mph also feels better, and I swear it down shifts less often. I also think I picked up some mpgeees, the computer told me I was at 14.8 since the fill up and that was right after I picked it up. I also did some light wheeling down in the desert on that tank... All in all I'm psyched. Didn't pay much more than cost for manifolds because I found the headers for 20% off and I had to get it fixed anyway. Sounds good too, just a slight difference but I can notice it.

Keep in mind I have a part time kit on the truck and have a flowmaster. Would totally recommend headers vs factory manifold.

NOTE: my headers came with air rails which I didn't need on my truck. We just cut them off. But if you do need air rails better make sure you get the headers with rails.
Yes sir - headers make a big difference. Did you calculate your mileage for larger tires? 6 to 7% larger tires, show decreased miles on the odo. My computer is usually about 1 mpg low. I have 2004 with DT headers and 3 inch EMS from headers all the way back. Tires are 285/70 R 18 (33.7 inches).

Yes sir - headers make a big difference. Did you calculate your mileage for larger tires? 6 to 7% larger tires, show decreased miles on the odo. My computer is usually about 1 mpg low. I have 2004 with DT headers and 3 inch EMS from headers all the way back. Tires are 285/70 R 18 (33.7 inches).

No, i don't adjust for the tires but I'm running 33 KO2s. I had the tires on prior to the header install so I'm just comparing pre and post headers with no other changes (except new O2s). So I got about 1mpg with the headers I think, and if I should adjust my computer up looks like maybe I'm getting close to 16 mpg, plus it feels great! That's not bad in a 100, I think the part time kit helps and I'm not running a lot of extra weight, stock bumpers and running boards, etc. Super psyched on the headers, should have done this a long time ago!

Understood. Very cool and yes switching to DT headers should be done sooner than later.

Any issues fitting these on an LX? I wouldn't think so, but wanted to check.

Any issues fitting these on an LX? I wouldn't think so, but wanted to check.
I have them on my LX.
Last week I towed my 4000lb TT for the first time since installing them and definitely noticed a difference. Running 65 OD off the truck didn’t downshift going up the same inclines(bridges and such over here in the flatlands)that it would downshift on before.

Just driving(not towing)I can’t really tell a difference. It’s still a pig. I got them for towing help though and they seem to be well worth it so far in regards to that.

Last edited:
Where did you find it for 20% off?
Auto Anything. They were $848 and after 20% and tax i paid $725. But now that I'm thinking about it I had to have the air rails cut off so maybe I bought the wrong ones and they should have been cheaper to begin with... oh well, too late now. Something to look into though before buying!

Just put the DT headers on my 2005 LC. Jake Smith at A Rusted Development did the labor. ardoffroad.com. I grabbed a new pair of upstream O2 sensors for him as well. I had the classic ticking exhaust and could see the cracks in the stock manifolds when I went down to pick up the truck. Hairline cracks right around the flange but if you held it at the right angle you could see light through the crack.

I'm very impressed with the difference in the truck. I picked it up and immediately hit a road trip with my boy down to the desert. It was only a 2.5 hour trip down but mixed highway driving at 80mph and then 2 lane roads over a pass at 7,500 feet (soldier summit in UT) and then lots of dirt roads in the Swell. The truck has better pick up for sure and feels like it doesn't have to try as hard. Cruising at 80mph also feels better, and I swear it down shifts less often. I also think I picked up some mpgeees, the computer told me I was at 14.8 since the fill up and that was right after I picked it up. I also did some light wheeling down in the desert on that tank... All in all I'm psyched. Didn't pay much more than cost for manifolds because I found the headers for 20% off and I had to get it fixed anyway. Sounds good too, just a slight difference but I can notice it.

Keep in mind I have a part time kit on the truck and have a flowmaster. Would totally recommend headers vs factory manifold.

NOTE: my headers came with air rails which I didn't need on my truck. We just cut them off. But if you do need air rails better make sure you get the headers with rails.
If you don’t mind sharing, how much did they charge for install?

If you don’t mind sharing, how much did they charge for install?
I'd rather not to respect the shop but I'll tell you that Toyota wanted $2500 for the job with stock manifolds and I paid less that

Running 65 OD off the truck didn’t downshift going up the same inclines(bridges and such over here in the flatlands)that it would downshift on before.

Just driving(not towing)I can’t really tell a difference. It’s still a pig. I got them for towing help though and they seem to be well worth it so far in regards to that.

This is what I've noticed with every engine performance upgrade I've made on my 4.7 Tundra. It will never be a speed demon but the lack of constant downshifting on long highway trips is really, really nice. It now pulls most hills in top gear, effortlessly.

What difference to the shop does it make if you say what it cost to have a part installed?

Its like reverse advertisement for a business LOL. Oh no we cant tell you the price of our work move along.

If this was that shops first install, most likely they will be upping their price if they have to do it again. :D I'm nowhere near his area but more just wanted to know as a comparison to a base amount I was quoted. Basically making sure my price quote is fair.

Has anybody used the DE-CATS in addition to the Thorleys?

Toyota Land Cruiser Cat Replacement MAGNUM Decat
Anyone used this Magnum Decat? I currently have P0430 on my 06LX and have done all necessary troubleshooting to try to clear the error but to no avail. The last step is to replace the catalytic converter and I’m curious about this product if it has a port/hole for the OEM O2 sensor?

Anyone used this Magnum Decat? I currently have P0430 on my 06LX and have done all necessary troubleshooting to try to clear the error but to no avail. The last step is to replace the catalytic converter and I’m curious about this product if it has a port/hole for the OEM O2 sensor?
Are you familiar with "Downstream Oxygen Sensor SPACERS?"
Sometimes the codes can be dodged by getting your down stream O2 sensor a bit further our of the exhaust stream. Spacers will do this, often making the codes go away.
Here is a generic Amazon link (not necessarily for our LandCruisers:

Are you familiar with "Downstream Oxygen Sensor SPACERS?"
Sometimes the codes can be dodged by getting your down stream O2 sensor a bit further our of the exhaust stream. Spacers will do this, often making the codes go away.
Here is a generic Amazon link (not necessarily for our LandCruisers:
Thanks almost forgot to update this thread. I ordered this more than a month ago and installed it. I reset the CEL (P0430) and never came back. I guess it works.
4D80C1E6-2539-4022-9206-193C6DE84EA0.jpeg
33B3FA65-96A7-43F0-B026-60B747B2D798.jpeg

Yes that’s on the downstream O2 sensor (brand new Denso).

For my little piggy, getting error codes about the SAIS--will be going with the bypass kit. I would also like to move over to DT for the 2007 and bypassing the SAIS. Anyone have experience with this, and more importantly, dealing with smog in CA. Might be easier to register the vehicle in Utah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom